+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With the comment that people who walk in and outside barefoot think their feet are cleaner then your shoes. I truly think my feet would be a lot cleaner then someones shoes. I don't even go barefoot into public toilets but I guarantee that most people have worn their shoes in a public toilet and then those germs are being walked through my house.

Most of my house is carpeted so that means those germs would go into my carpet and I don't have a fancy steam mop to get rid of nasties in my carpet.

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one and just to clarify I don't tell anyone they have to take their shoes off but it does irritate me a bit when they don't even though they can see clearly that the rest of us aren't wearing shoes.

As for where do the shoes live ours are either in the garage (because we always come inside that way from being out) or a spare pair is always left in the car for the girls and I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I respect people's decisions to make their homes shoeless, but I do wonder if we are becoming a little germ phobic when germs are used as the reason.
    I have read previously that steering wheels have more germs than public toilets. This was a long long time ago I read this.

I am just so surprised by how many people expect others to take shoes off at their houses. I have just never come across it before. I hope I am not offending anyone.

There was even an episode on sex and the city about it, and I remember all our friends mentioning that it was weird to take your shoes off when out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one and just to clarify I don't tell anyone they have to take their shoes off but it does irritate me a bit when they don't even though they can see clearly that the rest of us aren't wearing shoes. I
    If I go to someone's house and they have no shoes on, I would still keep mine on unless they were a good friend.
    I was brought up to believe it was rude to remove shoes, just like other people have said they believe it is manners to remove them.
    Just differences in how people are brought up.
    I think if you are going to get annoyed with visitors not removing shoes, you should ask them to remove them. People can't read minds, and I know I certainly would be clueless as to why you were annoyed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    With the comment that people who walk in and outside barefoot think their feet are cleaner then your shoes. I truly think my feet would be a lot cleaner then someones shoes. I don't even go barefoot into public toilets but I guarantee that most people have worn their shoes in a public toilet and then those germs are being walked through my house.

Most of my house is carpeted so that means those germs would go into my carpet and I don't have a fancy steam mop to get rid of nasties in my carpet.

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one and just to clarify I don't tell anyone they have to take their shoes off but it does irritate me a bit when they don't even though they can see clearly that the rest of us aren't wearing shoes.

As for where do the shoes live ours are either in the garage (because we always come inside that way from being out) or a spare pair is always left in the car for the girls and I
    I don't know.....I've seen people's feet who walk through shopping centres and on footpaths - their feet are pretty filthy. I'd rather lick the bottom of my shoe than their foot LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you know handbags are one of the filthiest things as they are constantly put down anywhere and everywhere including public toilets and ppl put them on your table!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    Did you know handbags are one of the filthiest things as they are constantly put down anywhere and everywhere including public toilets and ppl put them on your table!!
    Yuck why would someone put their bag down in a public toilet??? I always hold mind on my lap if for some reason it can't stay on my shoulder.

I don't act annoyed to people that have their shoes on I just think it's a little gross.

I don't walk down the street or anywhere but my yard/house barefoot so I think my feet would 99% of the time be a lot cleaner then my shoes that go everywhere and never get washed unlike my feet that get washed every night

Thanks
    Reviews
    For us, we take our shoes off when we enter the house and we ask visitors to remove theirs too, this has nothing to do with germs but prickles, we do not want them spread around the carpet in the house (or mud, dog poo etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like it when ppl have a sign on the front door saying something like 'No Shoes'...that way I know what they prefer.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post

I also cant sleep barefoot, i have to wear socks - but thats another thread i think!!
    Me too! DH thinks its the craziest thing lol.

At home I generally wear socks but I also have terrible circulation so my feet are always cold.

I never even give a second thought to what our visitors do when they are in our home.

At other people's houses I always follow their lead. But the majority are shoes on