+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't mind as we have all tiles throughout the main areas. The kids put their shoes on in the house before school yet take them off outside after school (mainly because I have just vacuumed and their shoes are often full of playground sand and bark). We have inside dogs and cats so it would be rude of me IMO to ask ppl to remove their shoes unless they are dirty ofcourse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I prefer people to wear shoes inside my house - then they won't notice the bits of crap getting stuck to their feet (lol). We have tiles - about 2 seconds after you clean the floors, there's stuff on them again.

It also means our floors are cold - hence wearing shoes inside. I wear ballet flats, and I usually check with people if I can wear my shoes inside or not.

Given they're usually cheap synthetic ballet flats though, you're going to wish you said "KEEP THEM ON!" once I take some of them off - they STINK like all hell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We don't wear shoes inside our house and when l visit someone else's home l have a quick glance at what they are doing. If in doubt l take my shoes off unless requested to leave them on by the homeowner.

I get slightly annoyed when visitors don't remove their shoes when visiting. DD is crawling and constantly putting things in her mouth.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written your post op.

DH, myself and the kids do not wear shoes in the house. It's a rule!

If I go to somebody else's house I take my shoes off, I think it's respectful.

I hate when people wear their shoes in my house I never say anything but sometimes DH does.

I think it's so gross shoes are filthy. Why would I want whatever you have walked on to be tracked through my house where my kids eat and play??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear slippers or socks in my own house. In summer I go barefoot in my house. If someone comes over, I put shoes on. I am incredibly self conscious and embarrassed about my feet and I hate taking my shoes off at other people's houses. I don't traipse through mud so my shoes aren't dirty. I avoid going to houses where I know there's a shoes off policy. I find it amusing that people who go barefoot outside and inside don't think they're bringing in as much dirt and germs as me in my ballet flats (unless of course you wash your feet every time you've been outside). I think it's a bit weird to dictate to people whether or not they can wear footwear TBH. But hey, if you said no shoes or don't come in, I'd probably leave ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I almost always have shoes on even if its the trusty ug boots in winter.

Even in summer i dont like being barefoot so will wear thongs / sandals - even inside.

During winter i do have outdoor shoes tho, so if we go out the back (lots of grass /mud) we leave our shoes at the back door before coming in, then i change into shoes again once inside lol

I also cant sleep barefoot, i have to wear socks - but thats another thread i think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    I could have written your post op.

DH, myself and the kids do not wear shoes in the house. It's a rule!

If I go to somebody else's house I take my shoes off, I think it's respectful.

I hate when people wear their shoes in my house I never say anything but sometimes DH does.

I think it's so gross shoes are filthy. Why would I want whatever you have walked on to be tracked through my house where my kids eat and play??!
    Where do u keep the shoes u take off? Inside or outside? Just curious.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never wear them in my house or other people's. it's the way I was brought up so it just feels wrong to me! I get really anxious and on edge when people come over to mine and don't take off their shoes! Completely stresses me out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always have some sort of shoes on, even inside (sleepers, thongs during summer) and hate walking barefoot. I also dislike taking my shoes off at other people's houses, especially if it's a dinner party and I'm dressed up - the shoes are part of my outfit!! I don't mind wearing socks only if staying over at other people's houses, or hanging out watching movies with people who are very very close(family or best friends).

That being said, I follow the rules of the house I'm visiting. I personally find it rude to be "forced" to take my shoes off but also understand that others may find rude to wear shoes inside. So their house, their rules

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't wear shoes inside at home, I wear slippers during winter & usually go barefoot during summer.

At other people's houses, I generally will ask, or a quick glance at their own feet to see whether it's a shoes on or off home & am happy to follow their rules.