+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Shoes

Do you wear your shoes inside your house??
    What about if you go to some ones house?

Just wondering. I don't wear shoes inside ever and neither do my hubby or kids and if I go to some ones house even when they say oh you can leave your shoes on I will always take them off. For me it just feels wrong wearing shoes inside.

It irks me when people come to my house and wear their shoes inside though. I don't say anything but I sometimes want to. I hate it because usually grass or mud or something is tracked through the house and one friend especially brings her little girl over and her shoes always stay on and she always ends up jumping on my kids bed and all over their pillows with her dirty shoes. Argh

Anyone else feel the same??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I generally flick them off before I walk in the door at home, it's a comfort thing but strangely I feel weird taking my shoes off at other people's homes. It feels like an intimate thing to do when I feel comfortable in my own space but it makes me feel uncomfortable and self conscious at someone else's!

But then again outdoors I'm happy to whip my shoes off and feel the grass, sand etc under my toes.

So I guess I'm just fruity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know another thread a while ago was done about this.
    Lots of people said they take shoes off when visiting etc.

I find that interesting. I was brought up to believe it was rude to take your shoes off at someone's house. That it made you too familiar.

At home, we often go without shoes, especially at the end of the day.
    However, if someone came over for say a dinner party or just dinner, I would think it really off if they took their shoes off. More than likely I would have shoes on too.
    Someone coming over to hang out, watch a movie and have dinner is different. I would be hanging on the couch without shoes, and would encourage them to do the same if they wanted.
    I would feel uncomfortable asking someone to take shoes off due to tracking stuff through the house, unless they had been out in a mega muddy puddle and needed to have their shoes cleaned.
    I would also find it really odd to be asked to remove my shoes.
    More to the point, it isn't usual in my group if friends, but I appreciate it can be in others circles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have shoes off at home and I don't ask people to take their shoes off when they come over. I hate being cold and if I am walking around in socks then I feel cold (I am an ugg boots girl at home). If people go to take their shoes off I tell them they are right to leave them on.

That said, I am aware which friends always have their shoes off, so if I go to their house I take mine and the kids shoes off. If we go somewhere I haven't been before I ask if they want us to take our shoes off.

I must confess though, my Brother and SIL's house is very very old and very much in need of a renovation, and they take their shoes off at home and every time I am at their place I cringe when I take my shoes off. The carpet is so old and even though its vacuumed regularly, it feels yuck to walk on. I make sure if we are going to their house that I wear thick socks in winter, but in summer I'm a bit stuck because it would be weird to take my thongs or sandals off and put socks on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We never wear shoes at home. I generally take my shoes off at other peoples houses and I prefer it if people removed their footwear at our place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a no shoes rule, but I generally take them off within a minute or so of coming inside, mainly for comfort reasons. And I do encourage the kids to take their shoes off soon after coming in, not only for comfort but also because they would get their shoes everywhere; on the bed/lounge etc.

At other peoples houses I don't take my shoes off, it makes me a little uncomfortable. However if I see a stack of shoes at the door, or if it's nice bright carpet, I will ask if they want shoes off.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I generally flick them off before I walk in the door at home, it's a comfort thing but strangely I feel weird taking my shoes off at other people's homes. It feels like an intimate thing to do when I feel comfortable in my own space but it makes me feel uncomfortable and self conscious at someone else's!

But then again outdoors I'm happy to whip my shoes off and feel the grass, sand etc under my toes.

So I guess I'm just fruity!
    What she said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always wear shoes! I wake up in the morning, put ugg boots on, after I shower, I put shoes and socks straight on. Wear them all day, at night, when I put my pyjamas on, I put ugg boots on again. In summer, I wear thongs or sandals instead.

I feel really uncomfortable in bare feet, but I have one friend who has a no shoes policy in her house, so I do remove them there, but I hate every second of it.

I think I'm going to be the odd one out here though, most people seem to associate relaxing with removing shoes, not me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes we do wear shoes downstairs as it is all tiles and freezing in winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't wear shoes at home and I take mine off if I go to friends, but I don't care if people leave their shoes on at my house

we do wear slippers, and I do wear thongs in summer