+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be surprised if his wife/partner was really cool with him going home during her labour.

Sometimes we need to do things that we don't want to do (ie, stay awake to support partner through labour) in relationships to promote growth/closeness in the relationship.

What else could this poor woman do but try to see the funny side of this.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi meld85, do you think he might have some level of undiagnosed autism?? Im thinking just that he seems to regard his needs above others, and not feel like he is doing anything odd?? Otherwise he is just plain selfish. nice guy, but selfish. Marie.
    Unfortunately some people are like this, and autism isn't the reason.

My dad sounds like this person (except for missing the birth) if he's tired and we have company, he will just go to bed, if he's hungry he will eat, even if its in front of others. He won't wait.

My old boss was the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH missed his daughter's birth - he was an interstate driver at the time and she came 6 weeks early. Although there was nothing DH could do he regrets missing it so he has already told his employers that from October (I'm due in Nov) that he is to be on local runs only and will dump the truck if he has to

My brother fell asleep on a chair in the maternity ward and was abruptly woken by his gf - if she couldn't sleep either could he! He wouldn't have dreamed of suggesting to leave.

I would be very upset if DH missed the birth by like your friend I would probably try to laugh it off if he did - what else could she do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambylamb View Post
    Unfortunately some people are like this, and autism isn't the reason.

My dad sounds like this person (except for missing the birth) if he's tired and we have company, he will just go to bed, if he's hungry he will eat, even if its in front of others. He won't wait.

My old boss was the same.
    yep I think it is just some peoples ways, I don't think it is malicious etc... It literally doesn't occur to them that the social norm would be to stay up and be tired etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Unless there is more to this story regarding why this guy is the way he is, I think he sounds quite selfish.

Missing out on the birth of your first child (or any child), in my opinion, is a really big deal. It's a moment 'not to be missed'.

He could have just had a nap in the room, surely?

I would be gutted if my DH did that to me. But I know he never would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi meld85, do you think he might have some level of undiagnosed autism?? Im thinking just that he seems to regard his needs above others, and not feel like he is doing anything odd?? Otherwise he is just plain selfish. nice guy, but selfish. Marie.
    I Agee with pp. sounds like he has severely non existent social skills. Sounds bizarre but his wife is probably used to his behaviour and accepts it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would tie my dp to the hospital bed with a sheet!

Maybe the woman in labour actually sent him home? Maybe he was annoying her? And she got sick of him and told him to go home? I dunno, there could be a million reasons, why not just ask the mum?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH almost missed our DDs birth, he came in the room after I had pushed out her head, and one CX later her body was out. I had a such a calm, beautiful homebirth that he didn't even realise I was giving birth while he was playing with DS in the next room Didn't bother me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree he sounds quite selfish and self centred even if it may be in an oblivious kind of way. I hope that things change now that he's a dad. Bub and mum are priorities and I hope he realises this. I would be devastated if DH misses the birth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be upset if dh missed the birth. He nearly did with our last baby as he was at his mates place after a night on the booze and I couldn't wake any of them up! I woke the entire neighbourhood before they eventually heard me lol