+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default a vent and nothing else.

This might spark some controversy, whatever...im just venting because im annoyed what this person said....

Was chatting to another mum at playgroup about our bub's who are the same age. She got her bub on solids at 5mths because she didnt want him turing skinny by waiting untill 6mths, like her other kids did.
    I said i wanted to wait untill 6mths (in a few days) but DS was ready and we started friday but we dont do it everyday and im not that fussed with it,really. I also said DS has eczema so i want to watch closely for any flare ups connected to foods.
    She then said "oh, you are supposed to start them on solids early to prevent allergies..." I said not necessarily, DD started solids at 4.5mths and has 3 different food allergies ontop of eczema. Another reason why we wanted to delay food.
    She then went on and on asking how i manage dd's food allergies and actually asked if im going to the dr regularly for skin patch tests. Ummmmm....i just found it so weird and confronting.

Sometimes i wish people would be supportive rather than word vomit their 'know it all" B.S. She was probably just trying to be poilte and keep a conversation and seem genuinely interested. I justwas notin the mood today,obviously.
    Last edited by Little Miss Muffet; 24-06-2013 at 20:24.

Brisbane North
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have told her that starting at 5 months like she did and starting at 6 months is hardly a difference. and smile and nod... and then just changed the subject. I can't stand people like that. My SIL is like that.. drives me up the wall. Sadly tho, when you have babies/kids everyone will feel like telling you everything that is ''right'' in their books.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (25-06-2013)