+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would really reccomend getting the book Active Birth Skills by Juju Sundin.

It basically equips you with skills to "master" the pain. So you are moving your body as a distraction technique and also to do something with your adrenaline! Some of it is stamping, using fit ball, rocking ect.

Randomly at 2 points in my labour I was 1. Tapping myself rhythmically on the forehead with a stress ball repeatedly
    and 2. Turning the door handle back and forth

Neuther in the book but helped me out for a moment. I also lay on my side ob a mattress and kicked a bean bag rhythmically on early labour.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-06-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I read the hypnobirthing book before birthing, I really really took to heart breaking the fear-tension- pain cycle, so conscious relaxation, and banishing any fear before and during birth was paramount for me. My birth story is calm, but I didn't 'do' calmbirth, if that makes sense LOL. I just made up my own version from loads of natural birthing books. The best thing I get from my doula was she showed me photos of other clents of hers while they were in pushing stage, and they seemed just so calm, letting their bodies do the work, not over pushing and tearing themselves (as I tend to do) That made a huge difference to my birth, I visualised those women so serenely letting their bodies push the babies out, and it worked for me as well.Anyway, here is my calmest birth story, http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...irth-of-Marley
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 25-06-2013 at 10:00.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (17-08-2013),Mod-Nomsie  (25-06-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you looked at this website?http://www.positivebirthstories.com/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Have you looked at this website?http://www.positivebirthstories.com/
    I've been reading some of the stories for inspiration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a hypnobirth course (Marie mongan method) however I didn't practice anything. Stupid stupid stupid.

My birth was pretty fast and painful as I just didn't teach myself how to relax. My DH also didn't practice with me apart from in class and to be honest he was pretty well useless during labour he just sat there

This time around I'm going to take it more seriously and actually practice the stuff I learnt. Wish I had just don't that the first time.

Edit: my midwife, although all for my natural birth, didn't know anything about hypnobirth it calm birth and did tell me to push etc, so there was no 'breathing' my baby out... And I tore badly
    Last edited by Lambylamb; 25-06-2013 at 13:27.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thanks everyone. I have my mum (a librarian) hunting down the active birth skills book.

Babybabycakes there is no class near me either. I purchased the book and it came with the cd, so that's a bonus.

Thanks for the two links, AM. Off to read your birth story now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks nomsie- I recommend birth skills too. my birth was a mess and unfortunately with the induction and interventions and being strapped to the table against my requests they weren't enough- but before all that happened really useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have not written by birth story yet but I did a calmbirth course for DS2 ( 3rd bub) and despite everything that went wrong after the head came out ( he got shoulder dystocia and a bunch of other things) the labor itself was so much better then the first two. He was 4.52kg and I felt in control the whole time or if I didn't my birth partners easily brought me back to that place. My sister couldn't believe the difference.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (27-06-2013)