+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Calm/ Hypno Birthing Stories

My Hypnobirthing book arrived the other day, and I've startled reading it today. I love the stories from people who were successful with their birth plans, and had a calm and trouble-free birth.

I like the suggestion that we need to disregard the information about birth needing to be painful, and I feel for me, I need to hear/ read as many of these positive and peaceful birth stories as I can, in order to disregard the other ones. (I'm a birth story junkie; love reading all of them!)

So, if you have previously written about your calm/ hypno birth story, feel free to link it. Otherwise, I would love to read your birth story here- inspiration comes in all shapes and forms.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Mummy and T  (24-06-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Oh oh! I did this! I worked full time up until I was 38 weeks with DD and didn't have the time or money to do a proper course so I bought the book. It was really important to have an intervention free birth not only to heal mental wounds but because of the physical wounds I had endured when I had DS (3rd degree tear, I wanted to minimse the risk of another tear because the area has obviously already been compromised).

I also read other material as well as watched nice birthing videos and read nice birth stories. I basically surrounded myself and normalised nice, calm births

I really got the message from the calm birth book about not being scared of birth because it would trigger a fear-pain viscous cycle. When labour started with DD it just felt like period pain. Having never experienced natural labour I wasn't sure it was labour for a long while. I had never even felt a braxton hicks.

Labour started at 7:48 on the Friday night, a bit of period pain. I got up ever hour or so during the night to go to the toilet and felt a bit more period pain every hour or so. By the morning I started to get a bit excited. I can honestly say the contractions didn't freak me out or anything and the pain was really very manageable. Whilst there was still pain it was nothing like the movies where the mother is screaming hysterically in pain from the onset. I was up and moving around or I sat on a swiss ball, lent forward and rested on a stool and watched a movie. Every contractions was another step close to meeting my DD!!! How exciting was that!! I also counted through my contractions. This really helped when it ramped up. If a contraction lasts for 30 seconds, you know that when you get to 15 it's all downhill from there!

Dinners ready so I have to go now but I will write more later.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (24-06-2013),Mummy and T  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Following*
    I am due in 6 weeks and have been reading Juju Sundin Birth Skills and listening to the iTunes tracks from Hypnobirthing Australia.
    My birth with my daughter was in no way traumatic just not ideal to what I would like this time. I highly recommend the hypnobirthing tracks I have dozed off a couple of times listening to them- I don't go to sleep very easilly so this is a big deal to me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy and T For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as very interested as well

Nomsie what book did you get ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I got the HypnoBirthing book by Marie Mangan. Took about 2/3 weeks from Fishpond.

It's the American version- but CalmBirth (Aus version) books are hard to find, whereas this one was easy. And I can look past the word Mom And I guess in some ways it helps, since birth is SO over medicalised in America, so she really goes into how you don't want that cascade of intervention etc.

Not that I will have intervention- I'm having a VBAC, or as my dr refers to it a 'trial of scar', and there will be no intervention, if anything starts to go awry, it will be straight to another C/s.

That's why it's so important that I get this under control now. I know I am capable of doing this, I just need to overcome the fear! Mummy and T, thanks for the suggestion of the tracks- will see what I can find on iTunes. We're due one day apart

Bec- appreciate your story- can't wait to read the rest of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nomsie! I will check it out!

All the best on achieving the birth you want, I had a semi natural birth (gas & sterile water injections) with my first but I wanted none of it but felt very pressured from the Midwifes to go down this path, they were suggestion an epi & drip etc which I wasn't happy with. This birth I want 100% natural & as calm as possible....

Very interested to read some positive calm birth stories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    I got the HypnoBirthing book by Marie Mangan. Took about 2/3 weeks from Fishpond.

It's the American version- but CalmBirth (Aus version) books are hard to find, whereas this one was easy. And I can look past the word Mom And I guess in some ways it helps, since birth is SO over medicalised in America, so she really goes into how you don't want that cascade of intervention etc.

Not that I will have intervention- I'm having a VBAC, or as my dr refers to it a 'trial of scar', and there will be no intervention, if anything starts to go awry, it will be straight to another C/s.

That's why it's so important that I get this under control now. I know I am capable of doing this, I just need to overcome the fear! Mummy and T, thanks for the suggestion of the tracks- will see what I can find on iTunes. We're due one day apart

Bec- appreciate your story- can't wait to read the rest of it!
    Oooh we are too- just saw your count down.
    Bub is breech at the moment so with a mixture of spinning babies, chiro and a whole lot of positivity when I can... baby will turn!!!
    I really need the positive stories and ideas at the moment so can't wait to hear from more successful calm/hypno birthers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nomsie, did you just want positive/successful stories? Is that what you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yes please. Hopefully using the calm/ hypno birthing technique.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would also love to hear the calm birth and hypno birthing techniques that were useful.

I read recently that distraction is a great technique.

With dd - I managed to get to 9cm dilated at home, but found the car ride to the hospital incredibly uncomfortable. So I turned the radio up and concentrated on calmly singing all the words to the songs I knew on the radio. It really got me through the rough drive. Even though we live close to the city and had a modern car, I seemed to have felt every bump in the road, every twist and turn, start and stop as dh was driving.

So I feel very proud of myself that I instinctively used this technique without having read anything on calm or hypno birthing.