+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby vomits so often, no pain

My 4 month old bf daughter vomits SO often. I can pretty much guarantee that if I walk out of the room for 5 minutes, when I come back, she will have vomited. She does it straight after a feed and right before I feed her and at any time in between. She'll easily go through 10+ bibs in a day. Everyone suggests reflux but my understanding was that if they have reflux they're in pain and she doesn't seem to be in any pain at all when she vomits (unless she has wind). I think the only time she doesn't seem to vomit is when she's laying down in bed which again seems opposite to reflux to me. Has anyone had a similar experience, what was it and how do I fix it? I'm sick of her, my house and me being covered in vomit!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My boy (fully ff from 6 weeks) was a happy chucker. Not to the extent you've described but still annoying.

I just had to wait for him to outgrow it. About by 8/9 months it had stopped I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All my babies did this. They lived in bibs with the old terry toweling nappies always under their heads or over my shoulder. They grew out of it at about 8 months.
    I totally understand how annoying it is but a big PHEWWW it doesn't come with pain and they do grow out of it
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 24-06-2013 at 17:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 7 mth old is a bit like this. I am sick of smelling like vomit!! I was hoping it would stop before he could move, but no luck - I now have vomit marks all over our charcoal carpet. So, I have no solution to offer, but definite sympathy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my boys have done this - vomit ALL day and night. Doctors originally kept saying reflux too! DS2 (16wks) wakes up and his hair is caked to his head from vomit dripping down

As PP said, your LO could just be a happy chucker and grow out of it hopefully.

However please be aware there could be something else going on. Both my boys have ended up with allergies, but also had other symptoms. Poor/no weight gain, diarrhea, green poos, bad rashes, distended belly, pain after feeds etc So try to take note of anything else happening too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For first time moms that is kinda crazy and alarming, however, for most not so new moms that condition is so normal believe it or not. Most babies do that but I honestly don't know the reason. Is it because they feel like full or what? Anyone here can explain? I don't have a kid but my sister have 2 kids now and I noticed that vomits for the last 2 years when they were still a newborn. Well, they will outgrow it I'm sure of that because I'm a witnessed.