+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ladies who go to Monash IVF in Melbourne?

Ok, so Im thinking we need to change clinics and I have had a couple of friends go through Monash IVF and swear by them, and have had fantastic results...

Im just wondering what ladies have been out of pocket? and also what are the upfront fees?

I emailed them and they said the earliest appoinment to see Dr Burmeister is Septemeber, so not too bad really, it would give a couple of months to relax and enjoy each other before the crazy train that is IVF would start again lol

Any information you have that would benefit me I would love to hear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't give you too much advice other than Lynn is worth the wait and the costs! She is great! Good luck!

We only needed ovulation stimulation so have no idea of costs for IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure on cost either but Lynne is the best one there, and Monash is the best in Melbourne. Thus making Lynne one if the best in the country.

There's a thread for Lynne ladies, my sister Lilypily is one of her patients.

My friend is also an embryologist there and excellent at what she does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Asher,

I see Peter Lutjen at Monash, he is really good. He will do blood tests bulk billed and the same for your partner. I have asked for extra tests and meds and he has said which ones he thinks are wasting money. He will try to save you as much as possible. He also did a bulk billing operation for me too. Also I got two bulk billed transfers.

But when I was really stressed and upset last week, after my emby did not thaw he really took the time to discuss our concerns and what else he can do. He will change protocols each time if needed until they get it right.
    He also has his own nurse which makes it easier to get medications.

Monash include most medications in their cycle costs as well.

I'm now doing a menapour cycle, which I hope will be the magic one.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    have pm'ed you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey asher, just jumping in to see how you are? Have things not worked out with Dandenong?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im still going through my first lot of treatment but would recommend Monash for sure. I find that the nurses have so much info and make sure you feel comfortable with everything. I also have to say being a single gay woman they have treated me the same as they would treat my sister and husband.
    $12, 000, give or take a few hundred depending on your cycle and treatment. Medicare rebate is close to $6000.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2013 View Post
    Hey asher, just jumping in to see how you are? Have things not worked out with Dandenong?

Hi Butterfly, I love it there I really do but after 2 failed cycles, I think we need to make a positive move to get the results we want....I just wish it had all worked out the way we planned

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, good on you for changing, best of luck for your appointment with Monash, I hope it all goes well x