+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't attend a funeral of a friend's parent unless I could without much hassle, or unless my friend had nobody else to support her through that tough time.

I would never expect a friend to attend the funeral of my parent, unless I honestly had nobody else to lean on in that time of need.

I'm sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing to have to deal with. xx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Abi&Beth  (24-06-2013),AdornedWithCats  (24-06-2013),munchkin275  (25-06-2013),River Song  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think i will just assume for emotional and financial reasons she cant go. Its not worth the hassle getting upset over it if i can help it....my dad never said a bad word about anybody so i will just go with that i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh it definitely doesn't mean she thinks badly of him or anything like that... it's probably the much more simple explanation about work schedules or money or whatever.

I'm sure she'll still be a support to you when she can. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I wouldn't attend a funeral of a friend's parent unless I could without much hassle, or unless my friend had nobody else to support her through that tough time.

I would never expect a friend to attend the funeral of my parent, unless I honestly had nobody else to lean on in that time of need.

I'm sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing to have to deal with. xx

see im the opposite....i believe its proper etiquette and common decency to attend the funeral of a close friends parent. I would go out of my way to attend even if it was a "hassle" ....its a sign of respect firstly to my friend and secondly to their parent .....its not so much support but more respecting my friends grief....the death of a parent i consider a major event in a friends life....i guess these are my values and others dont always have the same values which is ok.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to topaz00 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (24-06-2013),risfaerie  (24-06-2013),salamat  (24-06-2013),SimpsonDesert  (25-06-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've known my best friend since we were 9 years old, we've been through births, deaths, marriages etc together, shes like family to me so I would be there for her, no questions asked. I couldn't imagine anything that could keep me from being with her when she needed me the most

I'm really sorry for your loss xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Turk EnJayDee  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz00 View Post
    see im the opposite....i believe its proper etiquette and common decency to attend the funeral of a close friends parent. I would go out of my way to attend even if it was a "hassle" ....its a sign of respect firstly to my friend and secondly to their parent .....its not so much support but more respecting my friends grief....the death of a parent i consider a major event in a friends life....i guess these are my values and others dont always have the same values which is ok.
    I agree with this ▲

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im so sorry for your loss. My best friend flew from Perth to Melbourne then drove to country Victoria for two days to attend my mums funeral. I would do exactly the same for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't be upset. If someone can't make it to a funeral that's the way it is. It's not always easy for people for a variety of reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I am sorry for your loss.is she supporting you in other ways? I think if my BFF couldn't make it but she was my support for everything else I would try to understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i have spoken to her about my dads death so i guess she has been supportive in that way. I guess my issue wasnt so much a lack of support issue, just i was very genuinely surprised by her lack of attendance as to me its a given that i attend close friends funeral aka friends ive had for 20 yrs + and in all honesty i believed this to be the norm, but obviously its not the case. Its hard for me to comprehend in all honestly not going....put simply i guess i find it quite rude....yes im offended in all honesty. i cant help it. To me, its just something that you do. But its clearly an individual thing. Im still struggling a bit with it as its such a strong opinion i have ive realised about the topic. But thank you for letting me see there is another view out there. I think i will politely mention her absence and just say it was a shame she couldnt make it...if she explains why it might help me feel less hurt.