+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Cardigan and flats for this dress...

So... I'm now the lucky owner of this:

la_fille_en_rouge_peekaboo_dress_2.jpg

But I need some stuff to wear with it. I can always find heels and a nice jacket, but if I want it less fancy, I need myself some flats and a cardi. Both probably need to be fairly delicate, and I'm thinking maybe avoiding red, and just going cream/off-white for the cardi... but finding something that suits is proving to be difficult and I'm not sure what shoes (style or colour - but I do want flats, or a kitten heel at most) to match with it.

The store I got it from didn't have anything either... and I've been to a million and one places online to find something... but again, I'm out of ideas.

Help please! I want to actually be able to wear this! lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try modcloth.com? They suggest accessories for their outfits so you could search for a similar red dress and see what they suggest.

Gorgeous dress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, that's divine Sassy, I love it! I would wear some kitten heels with it and a little cardi.

It's quite busy as it is, so you wouldn't need any accessories as such, but just the bare minimum. Even some ballet flats would be lovely.

Is that feathers along the hemline?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really don't think it's the kind of dress that you can just wear for brunch and some shopping, but if you really want to I'd just stick with a plain beige or black bolero/cardi and ballet flats.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I reckon pastel pink would work really well. White could be a bit matchy matchy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, I'm not wearing it out shopping, but I mean... if I went to dinner or whatever, I would totally wear it. I spend most of my time overdressed for general life... so I'm cool with being OTT.

I want something basic... and i don't want black. I HATE black and red, so I don't want to do that... but you know, a little cream cardi with some little pearl beading or something... with some cute flats... I wouldn't do accessories other than a pair of simple studs. It speaks for itself really.

I also want to wear it to my graduation that's somewhere around late July/early August, so will still need to keep warm...

the girl in the pic also has a petti on. I'm not planning on wearing a petti under mine (it's fully lined and the lace is really thick, so it's quite heavy as is).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is what I was picturing with it, it has a slight pink tone to the beige.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gorgeous dress. Last time I was in Review they had a cute cropped cardi in cream with a few tiny pastel flowers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, something like that redlips! It's just finding one... Gah! It's like it's impossible.

Found a few cardis online at target that might cope with me adding beading to them so it at least somewhat works for me... But go in store tomorrow and see if I could make it work...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't help, I bought that a year ago.