+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Family Tax Benefit Supplements

Hi just wondering if anyone knows about FTB Supplements when you receive only the base rate of FTB?

This the first year I have been on base rate of FTB as I finsihed studying and started working full time. I am on base rate of FTB Part A, on the C'link website is states if you don't receive the max rate of FTB A then C'Link will work out how much of the $726 supplement you will be entitled to receive.

Is anyone here on the base rate of FTB Part A for the last financial year, and if so can you please tell me how much of the supplement you received?

I am on max rate for FTB Part B so I assume I will most likely receive the full $354 Part B Supplement.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of people don't receive the maximum rate of FTB part A and yet receive the full supplement. I think what they mean is, they'll work out if you owe any money, for example if you overestimated your income they will take it out of the supps to reduce the debt. If you share a certain percentage of the care of your child with an ex-partner they will receive a portion of the supplement. If not you should receive the full supplement. You mentioned you receive part B, so if you get that, it's more than likely you will get full part A unless what I said above applies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks so much, I guess I'll have to wait and see once I've submitted my tax return. Thanks again!