+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Almost 17 weeks, bubs still very low in pelvic area

Went to doc last Friday as i am getting bad pains in my right leg which started at about 5 weeks and my left started hurting also and two days last week was getting sharp pin prick pains in the "lady garden" area, he checked bubs heartbeat which i hadn't yet heard only saw on ultrasound but had a very difficult time finding it and when he did was only for like 2 or 3 secs, he said was because bub is still down very low, i thought bub would be up higher by now, is this normal ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    im almost 16 weeks and im getting the same sharp pains down stairs.....also the movement from bub is still very low.i imagine if it wasnt normal your doc would have said so

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 18weeks and how high my uterus sits depends on my position and how full my bladder is. First thing in the morning when I'm lying in bed and have a full bladder I can feel it sitting in the lower half of my belly (still below my belly button). But when I'm sitting up/empty bladder etc it sits pretty low. Ease of finding bubs hb would be affected by where in uterus he/she happened to be lying. If bubs was lying low then it could easily be sitting behind your pubic bone making it hard for doc to pick up hb. Try not to worry I'm sure your doc would have mentioned if he was concerned...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am glad to hear this is normal, I can't feel where bub is at all, i am a large girl though which maybe this is what is preventing me from feeling where bubs is, i did feel movement for the first time on Tuesday, was like a rolling pin was rolled over my lower stomach but from the inside, guessing i got a gymnast in there lol there was a few fluttering's on the left the next morning which oddly enough before i mentioned it to one of my work colleagues who can't help but rub and poke my stomach every time she sees me said my left side feels harder than the left but i couldn't feel that.