Closed Thread
Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There are so many angles and arguments for 3 vs 5! Personally I think I like the idea of a 5dt, something in the logic appeals to me but I can also completely understand the 3dt logic! Being a control freak I like to think I want to tell them what day I want but I think I am just going to surrender to whatever the clinic decides! The research I have read basically says there is no difference in success rates!
    Like Appy said 'There is no way to do a trial with the same eggs in each environment' So who knows what factors are involved...

Good luck to all xxx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samlow For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (24-07-2013),Fingerscrossd11  (24-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having my first embryo transfer this morning.. very excited. Its a 2 day transfer, which is certainly on the shorter side, but i guess the embryologists and doctors know best. I've put this whole process in their hands, and am happy to go along with it for the moment, the proof will be in the pudding!

so a question that has probably been asked 1000s of times - once transferred, do you change your diet in the 2ww? and do you maintain an exercise routine - walking, riding bike etc (obviously not getting overheated)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger1 View Post
    Having my first embryo transfer this morning.. very excited. Its a 2 day transfer, which is certainly on the shorter side, but i guess the embryologists and doctors know best. I've put this whole process in their hands, and am happy to go along with it for the moment, the proof will be in the pudding!

so a question that has probably been asked 1000s of times - once transferred, do you change your diet in the 2ww? and do you maintain an exercise routine - walking, riding bike etc (obviously not getting overheated)?
    Sending you lots of and that you have a beautiful little sticky on board today Ginger1. Ive been told its very important to treat your body as though you actually are already pregnant and take care with what you eat in the TWW, some say its not a big deal but I personally never want to take any chances I have also been told a bit of physical exercise (walking etc) can actually be good for circulation and things but don't overdo it...Ive been told this but me, personally I pretty much sat on the couch and walked with my legs half crossed in the TWW I guess its up to you, only you know what your body is capable of I think you will find (as most of us do) that the TWW will make you feel very anxious at times but talking to all the lovely ladies on BH certainly made me feel a lot better, after all, who better to vent to and ask questions of than women going through, and that have been through exactly what you are now Best of luck Ginger1

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

ginger1  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger1 View Post

CONGRATS ON PUPO!! Im right there with ya, I had my ET on Monday with a Day 3 Transfer. BT is the 2nd Aug. When is yours?

As Emzy said treat your body like you're pregnant, how far you go with it depends on you. Im not going out if my way but Im not doing/eating certain things deliberately as well. As for exercise I was advised if you were doing it before regularly then continue but dont start any new regimes.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (24-07-2013),ginger1  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is an app you can get on your phone
    its called Food no no's, basically tells gives you a list of what is safe and what isnt safe for TWW & Pregnancy

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-07-2013),Emzy5  (24-07-2013),ginger1  (24-07-2013),Wishnhope  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    😩We're out had blood test this morning then went to work AF arrived very heavy! Just waiting on the confirmation call from nurse.
    B & I have decided we'll go ahead with our frozen emby & if that doesn't work we will spoil ourselves with a big holiday.
    Fingers crossed for everyone else in the TWW & to those still trying.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sareeb77 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Sareeb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Hope everyone who is still cycling are going well with needles, EPU and transfers!

Today we had our 6 week (2 days) scan and unfortunately they could only find a sac, no foetus and no heartbeat. I'm now waiting for the miscarriage however my body doesn't seem to want to be normal, so it's looking like another D&C for me next Friday, then more waiting.

I can't really describe how I feel, upset and angry of course, but also a bit numb. I had a feeling things were not right as I didn't get many of the normal pregnancy symptoms (only sore boobs and cramps). I wish it had just been a BFN and we could have tried again this month, now it's going to be another 2-3 months until we can. And of course, it looks like October will be the time we can start again and I have my sisters wedding interstate, so will probably have to put it off a further month. That's what makes me angry and frustrated overall, this waiting!!!

Feel like we are pushing crap up-hill today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sooo sorry Loolu theres nothing I can say to make the pain go away or make you feel better. Life just isnt fair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    CONGRATS ON PUPO!! Im right there with ya, I had my ET on Monday with a Day 3 Transfer. BT is the 2nd Aug. When is yours?

As Emzy said treat your body like you're pregnant, how far you go with it depends on you. Im not going out if my way but Im not doing/eating certain things deliberately as well. As for exercise I was advised if you were doing it before regularly then continue but dont start any new regimes.
    Hi Wishnhope, my BT is two weeks from today, so i guess that's the 7th of August...that's of course if i don't get other signs before then, but fingers crossed that everything goes to plan.

Thanks for the tips too.. so I won't be signing up to start a 12 week body for life challenge or start training like a demon... not that there was much chance of that happening anyway!! hope to maybe take a few short walks come the weekend. staying inside sends me crazy. and day time telly sucks! i'm glad to be going back to work tomorrow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ginger1 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-07-2013)