Closed Thread
Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally agree with Bettie. I heard it hurts more if you get DH to do them so I did them myself. I was also able to put the needle on the skin and start to push it and if it stung at all I would move it to another spot so everytime I barely even felt it. Also after a week of two jabs a day I started running out of spots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MrsCarlton! I dont even know what to say hun! I sincerely hope you get your BFP first go so you have something to look forward too!

Bettie I do hope you are feeling better and vomiting sounds like OHSS so please look after yourself!

Sharlee 4 frosties is awesome!! But I hope you dont need them and the one on board is the lucky one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCarlton View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for being i stalker mode have had a REALY bad few days. Where do i start? I got a UTI from the pill.......(they normally last like 24hrs for me and im fine) but this one has been around for over a week and could not get up from the pain in my back. So after 2 hours in a medical centre waiting the doc chucked some anti-biotics at me and said you'll be fine.

The next issue is i had to take a day off work because i couldn't get up. I get a text message ten minutes later saying sorry but you have too many personal issues i am terminating your employment immediately.

Now i finally have my period and my goodness it is the worst thing ever! How do women deal with this? It is so painful! I know it is only going to get worse from here.

Some good news though, as AF came i went to the clinic to have my day 1 blood test and we start injecting 112.5 of Gonal - F tonight.....DH so excited to stab me (i have been a real B**** the last few days.)

Where is everyone up to? I know we have a few retrievals, how is everyone feeling?
    Oh MrsCarlton I am so sorry about the job! How awful! I hope you didn't take it personally, people that aren't going through ivf will never understand how emotional and time consuming it is... Focus on yourself and hopefully you will get a positive outcome soon;-)
    Have you worked in that place for long? If yes I'm not sure if they can terminate you just like that? Also, does your boss know about the ivf treatment??

All the best for you! Fingers crossed xxxx 😚😚😚😚

Aneczka 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCarlton View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for being i stalker mode have had a REALY bad few days. Where do i start? I got a UTI from the pill.......(they normally last like 24hrs for me and im fine) but this one has been around for over a week and could not get up from the pain in my back. So after 2 hours in a medical centre waiting the doc chucked some anti-biotics at me and said you'll be fine.

The next issue is i had to take a day off work because i couldn't get up. I get a text message ten minutes later saying sorry but you have too many personal issues i am terminating your employment immediately.

Now i finally have my period and my goodness it is the worst thing ever! How do women deal with this? It is so painful! I know it is only going to get worse from here.

Some good news though, as AF came i went to the clinic to have my day 1 blood test and we start injecting 112.5 of Gonal - F tonight.....DH so excited to stab me (i have been a real B**** the last few days.)

Where is everyone up to? I know we have a few retrievals, how is everyone feeling?
    Wow what a terrible few days! I don't see how your workplace can just sack you like that, and by text message!! They should have at least spoken to you first. What kind of work was it?

Good luck with your cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A question about EPU - how do you feel the next day? I'm wondering if I'll be able to go to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsCarlton - I would not stand for that at all. They cannot fire you for going through IVF or for having personal problems. They need to follow a procedure of warning you in writing first. What horrible people they must be. I hope you get your bubba first time so at least you have something to look forward to.

Bettie - Poor you it sounds like you're having a rough time of it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sharlee32 - Jabbing yourself is so much better than getting someone else to do it, I totally agree. I'm like an old pro now and can do it without thinking. It never hurts when you do it yourself because if it starts to sting you just move it to another spot. My stomach is like a join-the-dots at the moment after all the jabbing! I've been on the sunbed trying to hide it the marks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah he did, in fact he said go have a baby when they announced the baby bonus will be cut. So i talked about it with him. So i think its my own fault.....DH is mega stressed and if i look for another job and i get a BFP then i will be in a worse position. Hopefully my Photography business takes off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cue - I felt a bit sore the day after EPU and I just took one day off work. I was in a job where I was sat down all day so nothing too strenuous. If I was you I'd take a minimum of one day off just to be on the safe side so you don't feel under too much pressure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my experience with EPU I recommend taking the day after off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I'll see how it pans out, I only work 3 days a week so hopefully it will fit nicely around work. I doubt it though! Work are a little awkward about it all, my boss knows its happening as I wanted him to know I wasn't just taking random sick days for no reason, and he was really fine and supportive in person, but whenever I have to go to an appointment and call/email him he's a little funny about it.

Oh well, not much I can do about it and I know where my priorities lie!