Closed Thread
Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are any anothers who are PUPO eating pineapple core? I'd read lots of things saying that eating pineapple core for the first three days after transfer helps, but to be honest, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong - it's as chewy as old boots (not that I've ever eaten old boots!!). Perhaps I wasn't meant to eat it, but rather just suck the juice out. Any suggestions???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Are any anothers who are PUPO eating pineapple core? I'd read lots of things saying that eating pineapple core for the first three days after transfer helps, but to be honest, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong - it's as chewy as old boots (not that I've ever eaten old boots!!). Perhaps I wasn't meant to eat it, but rather just suck the juice out. Any suggestions???
    MGC Bertie, I don't know if it had anything to do with my success this cycle but I to ate pineapple core for 5 days though and also did Accupuncture. Might just be a coincidence but it can't hurt to try right? And yes, it's totally like eating old boots lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kd0085 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
    I'm feeling really lost and confused right now. Finding out about a BFN is just heart breaking.

To make matters worse, our FS didn't even call to convey the news yesterday, rather the nurses did. Is this the norm? After each embryo transfer (we have done 2 now) there is never a consultation/ face to face discussion, just a brief conversation over the phone - is this the norm?

So I called our FS today and asked about the next plan of action and asked if we would do anything differently the next time. I was told that "these are very early days" and that only after using all embryos from four stimulated cycles would they begin to do other investigations because there are no alarm bells going off at the moment. That really shocked me, i almost thought i heard incorrectly! Thats seems like an awful lot of BFNs before looking into what could be influencing continuous negatives. Does that seem normal???

I know there are stats out there based on your age about your chances of achieving a live birth and asked my FS what this was for me and they pretty much replied "its a matter of crossing your fingers". That gave me no comfort at all (esp just finding out we had a bfn yesterday!!) and left me speechless!! Seriously, am I over reacting??! I want your honest opinions here ladies...please

After discussing things with the expert in all this I expected to feel a little more confident about embarking on another FET or potentially a stiumulated cycle but instead feel utterly and completely lost
    Orchids, I'm so sorry for what
    You have been through. I think it is the norm about FS not calling with the bad news or even explaining where to next. After my second full ivf cycle I had a BFN and two weeks later and still no contact from FS, so I went to my gyno and explained my frustrations at the time. He then called FS who then explained what was going on and finally called me while I was there to give me the next instructions.

However he was very confident and quick to call me with my BFP when I was preggers with my son.

When I had my latest transfer and I was getting told every few days to just keep coming back for blood tests and that I will be having a miscarriage soon so to just hold tight.......I was fed up by the fourth blood test that I called my FS to ask all my questions......he happily answered them but I was experiencing so much ambiguity and the stress got to me which explained my chest pains and heart palpitations.

Moral to my information share, is keep calling and ask all your questions and don't stop until you're satisfied. There are no dumb questions so even if you want to clarify what they mean then do so because that will give you all your confidence back to keep going!

I would suggest to wait until your second cycle the. Start asking the why's etc (it gives them a better understanding to work out what is happening).

Take care of yourself and I hope you get your BFP hun

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trying2StayPositive For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
    Thanks so much ladies, as i read your posts i had tears ********* down my face...i feel really touched

Well it sounds like we all receive most of the news from our clinic nurses. Mind you, most of the nurses I speak to are really lovely, but yes Sharelee, i've had the cold ones too before. I guess i just wish my FS had a bit more...whats the right word...humanity/empathy. At least to say "sorry it didn't work out this time" or something to that effect. And to give me more confidence than merely "crossing my fingers". We rely on them to guide us with options and advice because they have the expertise.

The emotional rollercoaster we are all on is hard enough, not to mention the exorbitant costs. We don't have buckets of money sitting around to pour into cycle after cycle after cycle. I think i've surprised myself about how shattered i feel and this is only our second attempt. I really admire all you ladies who have been on this journey a lot longer than me. Your strength is truly inspirational.

You're right MGC, we are very lucky to have come out with 3 x 5day blastys on our first stim cycle. The positive aspect to this recent cycle, even though it didn't work out, is that there were signs of initial implantation - which is progress from the first ET.

As for our issues and if anyone can offer any ideas - endo (laparoscopy), uterine fibroid (myomectomy), amh 27 (great), HyCoSy (all good). DH: super healthy, above average sperm numbers & motility, 4% morphology (think this is the accepted average). We chose ivf and all 7 eggs collected fertilised naturally.

Thanks again & to you all
    Hi Orchids, Im having the same concerns with my FS, I tried everything I could to be transferred to another FS but I was told that if I didn't want to stay with that FS I had to wait another 4 months to get onto another one!! Im so upset to think I will be going into my August ET with someone I feel has no empathy or understanding of our feelings at all! This FS didn't even tell me how many of my eggs fertilsed..I had to call the nurses for that and I still don't even know the quality of our embies (from May)! so I have decided to write a list of ALL my questions and concerns and when I go in for my scan on the 26th I will be sitting there until all of my concerns and questions have been answered! even if he tries to usher me out after 3 minutes of being in there I am going to be staying put until I have my assurances that I need! and I think we have every right to! My list gets longer everyday but I don't care, I want and deserve answers! I do think its strange your FS says you have to wait til all your embies are used to change tactics though, my FS has decided to add pregnyl after my ET to help implantation (don't understand why they didn't just do it in the first place) but still, at least it gives a little extra hope. Im also asking why my ET was done without ultrasound guidance as Ive heard that can give a much higher chance of implantation also...Im also booked in to have acupuncture before and after ET and will be eating the pineapple core for 5 days and am currently drinking the TTC tea twice a day...keepingwith all that I should get my BFP in August ask ALL the questions you want, that's what I say...after all, YOU and your feelings are the most important things in this! not them! you get your BFP in August too hun

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emzy5.... I so agree with you about the Pregnyl. Why don't they just give it to everyone doing IVF? Unless it's some massive cost thing. I think it's so reassuring to know that AF is going to stay away no matter what, and at least the embie has a chance of implanting and growing before AF comes and flushes it away. I would have so liked to have known that from the beginning of my journey! Not being able to POAS makes no difference to me, and in fact I think it makes the 2WW easier, not trying to work out when to POAS :-))

AFM.... the scientist rang this morning to say that none of the other embies were good enough to freeze :-(( I would have love to have had one, but never mind, at least we got to transfer stage this time. Interestingly after day 3, the 6 cell embie never progressed, while the 5 cell one caught up and did became a morula. Apparently the other 8 cell also progressed a bit, but wasn't looking good. But it's good to know that I can get embryos to grow past day 3.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy all
    Clicking through and I found this page

We are doing yet another ICSI cycle this time with a twist. I'm hoping to grow the little follies and have something to transfer to my DP.

Start the gonal tonight.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI All,

I have been very quiet in here for a while now... So thought I might get back in..

@Emzy5 & Orchids - I have experienced a similar thing and was initially annoyed at my FS & clinic for not communicating to me.. Then I realised they have ALOT of women they are helping and if I call and ask questions they are more than happy to answer them & if I really need to speak to FS he will call me back, I just had to ask.. So my advise is to just keep asking, we have to remember there are only so many hours in the day and I cant imagine how many women/things they need to organise in those hours...

@Fingerscrossed - Do you mind if I ask how you are doing this? Who through? This is something I would love to do with my partner in future but got told no by our FS!

AFM - On my 2nd ICSI cycle atm. Had EPU yesterday and was very pleased with results (esp after my 1st attempt!).. We have 9 embies from 15 eggs... YAY! Waiting for ET sometime this week then test on 6th Aug!

Just wondering if any of you had thoughts about 3 day Vs 5 day ET???

I thought I read somewhere 5 day is a more natural time for embie to be in uterus?? Also, as my clinic dont charge full amount if you dont make it to ET, my sceptical side thinks the clinic just want to put something back asap (ie day 3) instead of waiting to day 5... even if it doesnt look good on day 3? I may just be being over paranoid tho!

Good luck to all who are waiting! Wishing you all BFP's!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlow For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (23-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samlow my clinic only does day 3 transfers and day 3's are quiet common if you dont get many eggs as they dont want to loose them in the lab. Theres great debate re 3dt and 5dt and you'll get lots of opinions.

My clinics view is theres no proof embies do better in or out of their natural environment and put them back in as soon as they know theyre ok. Seems to be working for them so Im not arguing. I have a day 3 on board as we speak and 8 more frozen. If we'd gone to day 5 I might have lost half and those could have resulted via pregnancies.

Many clinics believe if they dont survive in the lab they wouldnt have survived in the womb and grow them as long as possible.
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 23-07-2013 at 12:33.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I did POAS last night B & I decided it would be a good idea as I will probs get the phone call at work from the nurse & I was thinking it would be a BFN & I didn't want to have a major tear session. Glad we did as I suspected we got a BFN now to just wait for the blood test results Wednesday night or Thursday. Very upset last night especially as we now only have one more chance & it will cost $3500 up front $1200 back from Medicare.
    Best of luck to everyone else 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam,

We are going through the "rainbow clinic" (our nickname) Fertility First @ Hurstville.
    We had no problem when we suggested it. We have friends who have done it in the past.

Basically FF see us as a couple, then sees me as the donor and DP as the recipient of the embryos which by that time I am the partner again. lol

Really, they can't stop you. You two are partners and as such its not a surrogacy thing at all. Not that donor eggs are a surrogacy thing but some FS out there look at it (donor eggs) in the wrong way.

Send any questions my way, am happy to answer.

As for Day 3 v Day 5. Our clinic mainly only does Day 3. Our FS is up to date with all processes out there for IVF etc and she believes that your body is the better incubator for the embryo hence the day 3 transfers more than them sitting in a dish till Day 5. Not saying you can't request Day 5 at our clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by samlow View Post
    HI All,

I have been very quiet in here for a while now... So thought I might get back in..

@Emzy5 & Orchids - I have experienced a similar thing and was initially annoyed at my FS & clinic for not communicating to me.. Then I realised they have ALOT of women they are helping and if I call and ask questions they are more than happy to answer them & if I really need to speak to FS he will call me back, I just had to ask.. So my advise is to just keep asking, we have to remember there are only so many hours in the day and I cant imagine how many women/things they need to organise in those hours...

@Fingerscrossed - Do you mind if I ask how you are doing this? Who through? This is something I would love to do with my partner in future but got told no by our FS!

AFM - On my 2nd ICSI cycle atm. Had EPU yesterday and was very pleased with results (esp after my 1st attempt!).. We have 9 embies from 15 eggs... YAY! Waiting for ET sometime this week then test on 6th Aug!

Just wondering if any of you had thoughts about 3 day Vs 5 day ET???

I thought I read somewhere 5 day is a more natural time for embie to be in uterus?? Also, as my clinic dont charge full amount if you dont make it to ET, my sceptical side thinks the clinic just want to put something back asap (ie day 3) instead of waiting to day 5... even if it doesnt look good on day 3? I may just be being over paranoid tho!

Good luck to all who are waiting! Wishing you all BFP's!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (23-07-2013)