Closed Thread
Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HTML Code:
    [QUOTE=Milly888;7348960]Thanks Appy, that gives me a bit more hope. This process seems so unpredictable! Even when everything looks perfect (good eggs, fertilisation, good lining, levels, blast...) it still doesn't happen for some reason. It sounds like you're getting close to a BFP! I really hope this is your month. The last couple must have been really difficult ones. We're thinking about asking to put 2 embies back next time. My Dr has always been quite against the idea, but said if it doesn't work in the first couple of cycles she'll consider it.

Milly I am transferring two this time...My FS is not happy about it but he has signed the waiver to do it so we are going ahead with it. From everything I have read I have an understanding that transferring two increases the chances of twins..He said that triplets/ quads are rare but there is a small chance. My main theory is that I have heard that if you transfer two a lot of ladies end up with one healthy baby therefore one implants and one does not. After my last cycle being so close and one almost implanting I am sure if I had of transferred two we might have just got there. FS told me the opposite he said that we would have lost them both. I am scared of ending up with twins but not becasue I couldn't handle them it is more the very real possibility of having complications, but then I also know I am healthy (no issues) I am tall and solid so carrying two babies would be easier for me than if I was a tiny little thing and I have also considered my age 33 turning 34 well they say transfers of 2 are usually preferred for patients over 35 which I am not far off at all so in theory I tick all the boxes (almost). FS also mentioned to me why transfer two when we can transfer one then if that doesn't work, another one ect ect. My thoughts against that are well the heartbreak of BFN cycles, the cost of BFN cycles and also my age once again these cycles take time, alot of time and I am not going back wards in years.

Other things I have heard off that can help are baby asprin (100mg) it is meant to assist wiith implantation. FS did not reccomend it he said that my clinic prefers not to use additional medications unless absolutely necessary. An awesome DR in Brisbane who gets great success rates all the time uses it on all his patients.

I also heard of a herbal supplement called Bromelain - it is made primarily from pineapple core...Perhaps an old wives tale but some women say that eating pineapple core in the 2ww has resulted in a BFP . These supplements will provide the benefits of the pineapple core without actually having to eat it. My only problem with the bromelain is I can't actually find it in any chemists so may have to try a health food shop.

Milly I hope that helped you some what transferring two is a very personal choice you need to weigh up the pro's against the cons. It is your decision though and not the FS' s decision.

Orchids so sorry hun
    Last edited by Sharlee32; 19-07-2013 at 09:00.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (19-07-2013),Orchids  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orchids and Milly a BPN is hard to hear at any stage, thinking of you.

Sareeb you're stronger than I but I agree with Mumsical TEST TEST TEST

Mumsical Thats fantastic news!! Sounds like this month is meant to be!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sorry Orchids

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started bleeding. I'm pretty sure I'm out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear Cue

Sharlee - I'm on baby aspirin (cardiprin) because I have positive anti nuclear antibodies (+ANA), which may clot the placenta as it develops, but I am also taking a low dose steroid which helps to supress the immune system because mine won't naturally do that when pregnant.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cue sorry to hear your news. Is there any chance it's an implantation bleed?

Big hugs to Orchids and Milly

Me its like a horrible joke, my beta doubled in a day and the progesterone levels also rose to 19. But now I have a heavy horrible bleed, the crinone won't stay in. They said I can keep trying, but because of the bleeding it's going to miscarry.
    So another blood test on Monday.

Have a nice weekend ladies, those who have had upsetting news be kind to yourself.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN It was expected but still devastating.

Mumsical - that's great your DH will be sticking around! Now what to do with a freezer full of sperm?! Just kidding. When do you start next cycle?

Yeah, the medicated cycle is more to consider. I spoke to my Dr about it and we talked bout the pros and cons of each. I'm thinking non-medicated atm, perhaps after a month off ... Not sure. Just need to get over this bfn first. The though of taking more hormones is a bit tough.

Cue - I am so sorry to hear that. I was hoping so much you'd have better luck than me this cycle Thinking of you and literally sharing your pain after bad news myself today.

Sharlee - your post was so helpful, thank you. I'll look into both baby aspirin and bromelian. Will ask my naturopath too. That's interesting you're transferring two. My dr agreed to it today. I want to for the same reasons as you - just turned 34, increases the chances of one emby implanting, might mean less heartache with repeated bfns, financial etc. I am worried about complications, but it's a risk I'm willing to take given age and failed cycles. The chance of a bfp feels so slim right now I'm willing to do anything increase the chances.

I don't think I agree with your FS about if you'd transferred 2 you would have lost them both. One might have been a stronger embryo. There are so many unknowns with IVF that when Drs say things like that (and its an impossible call to make) it sometimes isn't helpful. Thanks again.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Cue sorry to hear your news. Is there any chance it's an implantation bleed?

Big hugs to Orchids and Milly

Me its like a horrible joke, my beta doubled in a day and the progesterone levels also rose to 19. But now I have a heavy horrible bleed, the crinone won't stay in. They said I can keep trying, but because of the bleeding it's going to miscarry.
    So another blood test on Monday.

Have a nice weekend ladies, those who have had upsetting news be kind to yourself.

Wow Frances that sounds awful. It's so confusing with levels rising and bleeding. I hope things settle down for you quickly.

I called the clinic and they're bringing my BT forward to tomorrow morning. They said I'll either get a definite BFN or a maybe as the levels will likely be low if there's anything happening. I described the bleeding and she told me she's not too concerned yet. TMI - It's mostly dark brown with pink when wiping, and I had a few blobs of the crinone that were really dark red/brown. I have had dull pains for a couple of days but she said the crinone does that. Gah, all the uncertainty is so frustrating. I'm so glad they brought my BT forward, there's no way I could wait until Wednesday!

Milly - was today your BT?

ETA: just saw your post, must have been typing at the same time - so sorry it's a BFN. We'll be taking a month off once we confirm this cycle is bust, starting again mid-late Aug.
    Last edited by Cue; 19-07-2013 at 15:47.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh Frances that is just terrible. It is awful how IVF plays mind games with you. I remember I held out hope until my AF arrived and then I just knew...Sorry in advance for TMI but seriously no one can lose as much blood as I did and still be pregnant. I am so sorry for what your going through, it is just horrible.

Milly even if expected it still hurts. I am glad your FS agreed to transfer two for you sometimes we just need to make a decision and go for it. IVF is a risk regardless so hey if we end up with multiples we will deal with that when/ if it happens. Like I told DH we could get two, we could get one or we could get none. I just don't want to think what if, if it does fail at last I know I did my all.

Cue hope your wrong, for the BT.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (19-07-2013),Milly888  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So so sorry for you Frances & Milly. It is just so heart breaking isn't it. Thinking of you guys *hugs*

Cue - i hope you're still in with a chance.

Thanks so much to all you wonderful ladies out there for your thoughts & kind words..can't begin to tell you how much it means.. babydust to you all

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (19-07-2013),Milly888  (21-07-2013)