Closed Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mumsical..... yes, Thursday would be perfect, but IVFA only does EPUs on Mon, Wed + Fri. I've read that some clinics do it every day of the week, which makes much better sense.

Arlais.... I didn't know anything about follicles when I first started this IVF journey, so have very little information about my first two cycles. As I went along, I learnt to ask more questions, and be a bit more pushy about things, as I realised that most stuff they won't tell you unless you ask specifically. Don't be afraid, ask away.

Orchids.... thanks for thinking of me. That's really nice of you :-))

Emzy.... good luck with your BT. Not long now to find out :-)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (12-07-2013),Orchids  (14-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Good luck to all those waiting for results - we have a number of lucky ladies on this thread so here's hoping the luck continues.

I went for my first scan today and I have 1o follicles on the left and 11 on the right. I'm surprised there are so many as I had surgery only 2 months ago to remove dermoid cysts. They didn't tell me the size or my levels, however I was asked if I had POCS... great another thing to maybe add to the list.

I was schedule in for EPU on Wed however they have brought it forward to Monday. Here's hoping that I have some good quality eggs in all those follicles.

What is a good size follicle? I have another scan bright and early tomorrow - I was hoping for a sleep in after all these early starts for bloods etc.

I am schedule in for ET on Friday - will this make my egg a Blasty?

FX for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry another question - does anyone know if they choose the 'good' sperm in IVF to swim around with the egg or it is a free for all and the lucky winner could be a damaged sperm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby33 View Post
    Sorry another question - does anyone know if they choose the 'good' sperm in IVF to swim around with the egg or it is a free for all and the lucky winner could be a damaged sperm?
    Hi Ruby are you having normal IVF or ICSI? ICSI is where they pick the sperm to inject into the egg. (PICSI is one step further where they pic the "best" sperm) Im not sure about normal IVF, Im assuming its just a free for all, kinda like normal conception as I dont think the damaged sperm would make it into the egg?

21 follicles is awesome by the way hope you get some good egg numbers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Ruby33  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ruby if you get EPU done on Monday then Tuesday would be day 1 ect so a transfer on the Friday is day 4 not quite a blastio...it is odd they have told you transfer day before EPU as they usually have to see how the embryos are, how they fertilise and most importantly how they develop each day. They are meant to double in cells each day and you will most likely lose some as they like to pick the best and sometimes they get fragmentation or they just fail to develop properly...it is really a day by day thing will them aiming for day 5's if they can (but each clinic is different). I hope that makes sense. What clinic are you with they will generally say if they prefer 5 days or 3 day transfers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Ruby33  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wishnhope - very happy about the follicles - now hoping for some good quality eggs. I feel like a hen.

At this stage we are doing normal IVF - here's hoping the manky ones can't swim

Sharlee32 - thanks for the info, makes sense - I think they just gave me an estimate day - it seems like they can't be bothered explaining things to first timers. Lucky for this site.

I'm with RPA - Genea. Do you know what they prefer? What happens if day 5 falls on a weekend - are they open or just put them back on the Friday regardless?

Thanks for the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had BFP, FET taking regime Puregon/Ovidrel/Progesterone Pesseries. Including Ovidrel boosts. Curious.................

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 8 days past 3dt and tested this morning. Pretty sure this is a BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    Im 8 days past 3dt and tested this morning. Pretty sure this is a BFN
    Hi Mumsical,

My DH had to ring the nurse this week as I was so sure not worked and was soooo over the side effects of the crinone. Anyways were advised you might not be feeling anything for weeks, and don't do HPT as they might be wrong.
    iI have been pregnant and had negative HPT.
    Hang in there, if no AF yet you still are in the race..
    One minute I'm hopeful the next I'm ok so it over I'll never have a family be a mother. But no AF so one day at a time, hang in there..

Good Luck

13. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Mumsical  (13-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    But crinone stops your AF as well as that is what I thought right up until Tuesday,I aways thought it didn't but it does. My AF was 9 days late I thought I must be pregnant they are wrong then bam AF arrived like a scene from a horror film. Still don't rely on HPT's as they are so unreliable they give to many false negatives and false positives, really it is far too early as hard as it is wait for your beta's they are the only real way to know for sure one way or the other. Good luck both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Hi Mumsical,

My DH had to ring the nurse this week as I was so sure not worked and was soooo over the side effects of the crinone. Anyways were advised you might not be feeling anything for weeks, and don't do HPT as they might be wrong.
    iI have been pregnant and had negative HPT.
    Hang in there, if no AF yet you still are in the race..
    One minute I'm hopeful the next I'm ok so it over I'll never have a family be a mother. But no AF so one day at a time, hang in there..

Good Luck

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Mumsical  (13-07-2013)