Closed Thread
Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Urrrgh the wait for this afternoon's phone call is going to be agony!! Have to wait for bloods to come back and the doc to review my file to confirm if I'll trigger over the weekend for EPU on Monday, but it could be Tuesday instead which throws out the leave DH & I have already arranged for work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Urrrgh the wait for this afternoon's phone call is going to be agony!! Have to wait for bloods to come back and the doc to review my file to confirm if I'll trigger over the weekend for EPU on Monday, but it could be Tuesday instead which throws out the leave DH & I have already arranged for work
    Hope you get to have EPU Monday Arlais. Its so frustrating putting our lives on hold for something lots of people do by accident and we pay for the privilege!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais.... I know how frustrating getting time off work. I've taken long service leave at the moment for a few of my cycles, as when I did a cycle in February and just took sick days it was such a hassle. I'm on LSL now at the moment for this cycle, but just trying to work out when EPU will be is frustrating DH, as he made appointments with clients, and now isn't happy at all about the prospects of changing them. But so be it :-((

Went this morning BT and ultrasound - went really well. Well, certainly much better than last cycle, so I'm quite happy. I have total of 9 follicles - 5x12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and FS rang to say hormones have gone from 500 (on Mon) to 3000 (today), which he's happy about. Nurse said to expect the top follicles to be lost, and will go for the bunch of 5x12, which I could tell myself (!! lol). Will have another BT + scan on Monday, before deciding if EPU will be Wed or Fri. If they grow normally, then the bunch of 5x12, would be size 18 (this is the lowest limit for triggering? but then could catch some of the bigger ones), or wait two more days, then they'd be size 22 (wouldn't that be almost at the upper limit? and the others would definitely be lost). Oh well, just have to wait and see what they look like on Monday, but otherwise I'm very happy with that :-))

The only thing that didn't go well, is that, even though I reminded the nurse on Monday that I would need more meds today, and I even watched her write it down on a post-it-note, you guessed it, there were no meds there!! So after the BT and scan, I had to do an extra 2 hours round trip to go to the main clinic to get them. This same thing had happened also in a previous cycle, and even with me reminding them to order in the meds, I'm still sitting here shaking my head.
    Just as well I am on holidays, and have the time to drive across Sydney :-))

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (12-07-2013),Orchids  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got the dates for my next cycle this afternoon, unfortunately they fell right when I'm going interstate for a wedding. So I've had them move me out by 2 weeks. Looking like the EPU will be mid September now. Seems like such a long way away, but I'm going to focus on losing a few KGs and getting nice and fit over this time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great you have some dates now Bettie, theres a light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its great you have a date to look forward to now Bettie and in the meantime you can focus on looking after yourself and getting in tip top shape for a great next cycle...I had a bit of spotting earlier today, called the nurses and they have told me to go in for my BT on Sunday the 14th instead instead of the 16th...my AF is actually due on the 14th so im keeping EVERYTHING crossed she doesn't show her ugly head!..trying to stay positive...did another HPT today and still BFN, Im hoping Im just one of those ladies who has low hcg in the beginning and it isn't picking it up

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie- great news about your growing follicles. Been following your journey for last few months and I'm so pleased things are going well! Yay!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed Emzy! From what I've heard it's not too uncommon particularly for IVF pregnancies to have some bleeding in the beginning.

I feel like I haven't been paying enough attention during my ultrasounds now with people knowing exactly what sizes their follicles are

I do know from my US today that I've got 2 each side which are looking prime for collection, but a lot of small ones apart from that (about 15 small each side). The nurses seem happy with how I'm going and I know my meds have been set so I don't get hyper-stimulated because of having PCO, but I'm starting to doubt if we're going to have any luck this cycle if they only manage to collect 4 eggs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG Bertie - Sounds great setting up for this cycle Maybe Thursday would be the best day? hehe

Arlais - dont stress to much about 4 eggs. Thats great and a nice amount to set you up for a transfer this cycle without overstimulating. I was on very low dose as its my first cycle and my clinic likes to average 4 eggs. I only got 2 eggs and both fertilized. I'm currently in the TWW after transfer

Emzy5 - Still early days yet and hopefully your spotting might be implantation FX for a positive result in the next few days for you

AFM - 7 days past 3dt... tick tock

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (12-07-2013),Emzy5  (12-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're right Mumsical! It's difficult to know what's good and what's not the first time around. The embryologist told me they get a 70% average fertilization rate with ICSI, so I've got everything crossed we'll end up with one to pop back in and a couple of frosties.

Just got the call that EPU is scheduled for Monday at 8:30am