Closed Thread
Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending lots of hugs and strength to all the ladies doing it really tough right now -having meltdowns, dealing with insensitive clinics and just feeling really down & depressed. Thinking of you all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

klong  (14-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well my meds arrived safe and sound on their courier journey from Melb to Tas, I was able to pick them up on my way home.

I do think it's a little weird that they have sent me the drugs but I don't have a start date for this cycle yet

I'm also worried about doing a whole new drug regime and not knowing how my body will react to it, PGD isn't cheap we are about 10k out of pocket each cycle so this one better have results at least as good as the down reg cycle we just did. We got 6 fertilized embies, it was just bad luck only one was genetically ok and it didn't stick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loolu View Post
    That's great news Maria, you can breathe a little now! Had my BT today, I hadn't even made it home when they rang with the result... a BFP!!!!!! OMG I can't believe it, think it will take a day or two to sink in!
    Huge congrats to you Loolu!!! Did you have any signs or feel any different in the led up to your BT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    well my meds arrived safe and sound on their courier journey from Melb to Tas, I was able to pick them up on my way home.

I do think it's a little weird that they have sent me the drugs but I don't have a start date for this cycle yet

I'm also worried about doing a whole new drug regime and not knowing how my body will react to it, PGD isn't cheap we are about 10k out of pocket each cycle so this one better have results at least as good as the down reg cycle we just did. We got 6 fertilized embies, it was just bad luck only one was genetically ok and it didn't stick.
    Hi Bettie

have a look at Westmead Fertility Center, it is pretty cheap there. But I am not sure if they can do PGD. 10k is lots of money, that is why they send you the drugs before you decide a date for next cycle, so they can lock you in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering have any of you experienced implantation cramping, I never did in my last round but this round I had a strange feeling like a pulling/ tugging just above my pubic area but to the right for about 30mins then this morning woke up to a strange cramping feeling which only lasted 30mins. Sort Of freaked me out for a minute
    thanks
    tanya

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tantom View Post
    Just wondering have any of you experienced implantation cramping, I never did in my last round but this round I had a strange feeling like a pulling/ tugging just above my pubic area but to the right for about 30mins then this morning woke up to a strange cramping feeling which only lasted 30mins. Sort Of freaked me out for a minute
    thanks
    tanya
    Hi Tantom, Im currently 10dpt and 2 nights ago had the worst cramping on my right side for an hour or so, had to lay n the couch...not sure what it was but it went away the next day? FX is was implantion for both of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon 2013 View Post
    have a look at Westmead Fertility Center, it is pretty cheap there. But I am not sure if they can do PGD. 10k is lots of money, that is why they send you thdrugs before you decide a date for next cycle, so they can lock you in.
    I think only Monash and Melbourne can do the PGD I need, it is for a specific genetic condition and I am the first mutation, to they have had to develop a test specifically for me, this has taken 18 months just to get the test working! To do the test they test each embryo at day 3 by taking 2 cells from each and testing the DNA. Guess scientists are expensive.

They also got my consent to start a new cycle before sending me the meds I just think it's a little strange that they haven't told me when I'm starting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read an article on the UK Daily Mail website about some new treatment regarding soya oil and how they're using it along with egg yolks to treat IVF women. Give it a read it's quite interesting as to the reasons why they're doing it. They believe that some women have killer cells that treat pregnancies as a bug or a virus which is why they can't get pregnant. Not saying it's something that could be used in Australia but gives an interesting viewpoint. If you go to their main home page it's the first story at the top of the page and has a photo showing a few of the women it has helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tantom View Post
    thanks
    tanya
    Two days before I got my first faint BFP, I had very intense AF cramps for a few seconds one morning. I will never know if it was actually implantation, but I absolutely believe it was.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by klong View Post
    Just read an article on the UK Daily Mail website about some new treatment
    interesting read, I wonder if making some diet changes if you could help yourself along? I did 0 caffeine last cycle, I might try reducing sugar and increasing the fat this cycle as well.