Closed Thread
Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry Klong and Cattc - TTC can be just heartbreaking. Changing clinics might not be such a bad option. I'm not sure where you are located but there are some low cost clinics out there that make it so much more affordable. My clinic has a flat IVF rate of $1300 for your first cycle and $550 for subsequent cycles. It really takes the pressure off. This is total upfront all you have to pay - they sort it out with medicare so you aren't waiting to get funds back etc. Worth a look as forking out thousands on top of dealing with the desperation and disappointment is a place nobody should have to be

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

klong  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milly, Cue and Sariele - awesome news for you guys!

Cue - how cool that you have a little hatchling on board haha

Best of luck

AFM. day 5 of the TWW. Time is going verrrrry verrrrry slooowwly.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just need a bit of advice guys. I had my blasty transfer today and the doctor said to have sex......is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say a quick thanks for all the kind messages you ladies left me the other day. I won't lie it has being a hard couple of days I have cried and I have screamed and I even wailed because my heart felt like it was breaking apart on several occassions.

AF arrived in full force today 2 days after stopping crinone.

Word of warning to stop other ladies being completely gutted like me. Always have realistic expectations and beware of the chemical pregnancy I had 5 positive pregnancy tests and I had the positive first beta and also got told I was pregnant after our first beta.

I have learnt to not trust the first beta results the hard way. I also believe that the crinone held of my AF for the week or so it has being late.I am not trying to take away your joy if you get a positive beta I am just saying be aware it can go either way.

Now I am moving on and looking at hopefully doing a FET in August. I will be getting 2 embies tansferred this round. I really think if I had put two on board this time like I wanted to then maybe one would have hung on but I let my clinic talk me out of it. I think next round I will be a lot more persistent/ pushy with my clinic and make sure the deliver a better servce than what they have given us this round.

Anyway sorry for a being a bit of a downer but really think that I would have liked to have had someone tell me 3 weeks ago what I know now especially about the HPT's and the crinone. I never thought I would have gotten so many false positive HPT's without actually being pregnant.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee there is nothing I can say to make you feel better. Other than these things happen to those who cope and carry on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    Just wanted to say a quick thanks for all the kind messages you ladies left me the other day. I won't lie it has being a hard couple of days I have cried and I have screamed and I even wailed because my heart felt like it was breaking apart on several occassions.

AF arrived in full force today 2 days after stopping crinone.

Word of warning to stop other ladies being completely gutted like me. Always have realistic expectations and beware of the chemical pregnancy I had 5 positive pregnancy tests and I had the positive first beta and also got told I was pregnant after our first beta.

I have learnt to not trust the first beta results the hard way. I also believe that the crinone held of my AF for the week or so it has being late.I am not trying to take away your joy if you get a positive beta I am just saying be aware it can go either way.

Now I am moving on and looking at hopefully doing a FET in August. I will be getting 2 embies tansferred this round. I really think if I had put two on board this time like I wanted to then maybe one would have hung on but I let my clinic talk me out of it. I think next round I will be a lot more persistent/ pushy with my clinic and make sure the deliver a better servce than what they have given us this round.

Anyway sorry for a being a bit of a downer but really think that I would have liked to have had someone tell me 3 weeks ago what I know now especially about the HPT's and the crinone. I never thought I would have gotten so many false positive HPT's without actually being pregnant.
    Sharlee, I'm sure everyone can understand you feeling down at the moment. It has been a horrible ordeal for you and I'm truly sorry you have had to go through this. you stick to your guns next time round and do things the way YOU want to...if transferring 2 embies is what you want don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Big hugs to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee32 a very big hug to you.. And thank you for your words of support to me when my emby did not thaw for the second time. I just could not believe it happened again. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCarlton View Post
    Just need a bit of advice guys. I had my blasty transfer today and the doctor said to have sex......is this normal?

My clinic gives a fact sheet after ET, says to abstain for sexual intercourse for 24 hours, the same for FET but people who have PGE two wait for the BT.

Also people who are having FET are advised to have sex the night before as it has proven to increase success rates.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Losing hope

We had our transfer on Friday, and I have been bleeding and cramping ever since. Not sur that I believe my little embryo could have survived all the blood loss etc. have contacted the clinic but haven't felt them being very helpful or as supportive as I need. They did a blood test, said just to increase my dose of crinone to twice a day. Don't really know what to think, don't want to give up hope but finding it hard to have a little glimmer of hope. But feeling pretty down today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsCarlton.... my understanding is that after the transfer you must not get hot - I was told no hot baths, no electric blankets on the bed and no fun in the bedroom (well not for you, anyhow!). I was told to continue that until the BT, just to be sure - definitely makes it a looonngg 2WW :-))