Closed Thread
Page 64 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Life seriously isnt fair!! With DHs away, FSs on holidays. The hoops we have to go through to get them to treat us!! Last time I was at the clinic there was one poor woman clearly distraught at not being able to start this cycle due to stuff ups in her paperwork- wasnt her damn fault!! Grrrti clinics making us wait!!

Klong you are at Fert North yeah? I didnt realise they would let you do back to back cycles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I have conceived naturally twice the first time was admittedly almost 10 years ago and I have a beautiful DD.

Second one was last year but was very very early miscarriage after TTC for quite a few years!

Then I have had one fresh transfer and one FET in the last 3 months. The FET was a day 6 hatching blasty graded 5BA one grade away from being perfect. I had the medical director of the place do my ET and he said my chances where excellent and he sees no issues with this one etc etc (way to go in building my hopes up) we also used embryo glue and when I got the call this arvo my HCG was less than 2 so not even an iota of a chance that implantation even tried to commence!

I feel that my problem lies with implantation I don't know for 100% that it is/isn't but I haven't been tested for anything along those lines but have been tested for everything else and they all came back good? CONFUSED!!!

Klong it really is difficult and I am sorry to hear of your news!

Regarding changing clinics I don't know anywhere else does anyone have any info and recommendations etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klongso sorry to hear your news, even when you know the answer, it's still devasting news

Loulou
    congrats on your amazing BFP....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Catttc View Post
    Well I have conceived naturally twice the first time was admittedly almost 10 years ago and I have a beautiful DD.

Second one was last year but was very very early miscarriage after TTC for quite a few years!

Then I have had one fresh transfer and one FET in the last 3 months. The FET was a day 6 hatching blasty graded 5BA one grade away from being perfect. I had the medical director of the place do my ET and he said my chances where excellent and he sees no issues with this one etc etc (way to go in building my hopes up) we also used embryo glue and when I got the call this arvo my HCG was less than 2 so not even an iota of a chance that implantation even tried to commence!

I feel that my problem lies with implantation I don't know for 100% that it is/isn't but I haven't been tested for anything along those lines but have been tested for everything else and they all came back good? CONFUSED!!!

Klong it really is difficult and I am sorry to hear of your news!

Regarding changing clinics I don't know anywhere else does anyone have any info and recommendations etc?
    Hey Cat, have you been tested for anti-nuclear antibodies (+ANA)? It's responsible for a lot of early miscarriages, so my clinic tests for it routinely and put me on a protocol as soon as I started my first IVF/ICSI cycle to protect against it.

The body doesn't recognise that the embryo is meant to be there and they cause the placenta to clot. I am on a low dose steroid - Predisolone, will start baby aspirin after transfer with additional prog support and possibly clexane for a little while into the pregnancy to stop this from happening.

If you let us know where you are from I'm sure people nearby can give you recommendations for clinics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Loolu. It's such a surreal experience being told your pregnant. I've never experienced that until recently and it was certainly the best day of my life 😀
    So sorry to hear of the BFN's today 😔 I hope and pray that your time will come soon xx
    Good luck to all who are in the 2WW or who have started a cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishnhope - I didn't think they'd let me do back to back cycles either which is why I questioned it on the phone but the nurse I spoke to said I could. I am going to leave it until August now and next time I am going back to doing acupuncture because that has worked for me in the past. I am going to do it all differently and be very strict with my diet, exercise, resting, accepting help from family etc as I really can't afford for it to fail next time. I went into this cycle so confident because it worked last time. I had 4 frozen embies which were all A grade and now I'm a bit shell shocked that I'm down to 2 and am maybe going to have to accept the fact my daughter will be an only child. I am very lucky to have my daughter but I was hoping she wouldn't be an only child as I was an only child and it was very lonely not having a sibling. I suppose if that's the hand my destiny has dealt me then there's not much I can do about it. It could be worse and I may not have ever had my daughter. Sometimes I just want to cry when I think how cruel life can be. I married my DH 5 years ago and we were so full of hope for our future then not long after I got pregnant naturally, had a miscarriage, then got pregnant naturally again and had an ectopic followed by another ectopic so I had no tubes left and had to resort to IVF. In that time I have seen so many friends and family have a family easily and even abortions for unwanted pregnancies and it has honestly been the worst time of my entire life. I have recently started a counselling course as I have always wanted to be a counsellor. The only way I can get my head around everything that has happened is to believe it will make me a better counsellor when I qualify because now I have experienced grief I will understand it in another person and will be a much better counsellor for having experienced it myself. I would really like to work with couples suffering infertility now that I have first hand experience. It is such an isolating experience for a couple so if I could help somebody in any way to get through it then I will believe it all happened for a reason.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to klong For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry Klong & Catttc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

klong  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear klong and Catttc. Big hugs your way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

klong  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and congrats Loolu! Just dropping by to say that I had an early scan at 5+5 today, and we have one little bubby on board, with a very slow HB that FS said has only just started. I was told that I may not see one at all today, so I hope it's a good sign that we did!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klong I commend your strength and just want to give a huge hug! You have been through so much, so many disappointments you deserve a win!! I love the fact you are becoming a counsellor. I hate seeing these counsellors knowing they've got children and didnt struggle in anyway!! Gah how can you help some one if you have no clue what they're experiencing! Good Luck with the August FET

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

klong  (10-07-2013)