Closed Thread
Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all for the welcome and congrats Aneczka on your positive results! How exciting for you For those who asked - my BT is booked for the 18th of July but no way can I hold out to then - wouldn't my period arrive before then? I usually only have a 11-12 day LP... and the BT is booked 16 days after EPU... but maybe that will be different with the artificial cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneczka View Post
    Thanks girls,we are thrilled with the numbers too...
    Sariele, i am 18 dpo today and my beta at 14dpo was 250 so it jumped alot.. but i had a booster pregnyl so perhaps this is the reason why it is so high...????
    Klm im sorry it didnt work out for you this time, next embryo will be the one for you ))))
    Did anybody hear from kelbel????
    Just checked and KelBel is due for her BT tomorrow (Monday). Hope she gets a BFP like you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneczka View Post
    My second beta came back at 2600 omg!!! With progresterone at 70, I guess its an awesome news
    Yay!! That's fantastic!

I just checked the dates they gave me at EPU, my BT isn't until 24th!!! That's a whole 2 weeks after transfer! That two week wait is gonna suck lol!

I'm really nervous about today's phone call from the clinic, I have a horrible feeling we've lost more of them. I'm starting to worry whether we'll even have one left for transfer.

Is there usually a big drop off between day 1 & 3? We had 6 successfully fertilised on day 1, should I preparing myself for only one or two left?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to stress cue I'm also on my first cycle and only had 2 eggs collected. Both fertilized and on day 3 we had the choice on which one to put in. You've got plenty so I'm sure you will get some positive news today. I think that its more common that they don't make it to day 5 after fertilization rather than day 3.

I had one transferred on Friday and I am waiting on a call today to see if the embie that wasn't transferred made it to day 5 and is good enough to freeze. It was a little slower to grow so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Yay!! That's fantastic!

I just checked the dates they gave me at EPU, my BT isn't until 24th!!! That's a whole 2 weeks after transfer! That two week wait is gonna suck lol!

I'm really nervous about today's phone call from the clinic, I have a horrible feeling we've lost more of them. I'm starting to worry whether we'll even have one left for transfer.

Is there usually a big drop off between day 1 & 3? We had 6 successfully fertilised on day 1, should I preparing myself for only one or two left?
    Cue - my BT is meant to be on the same day as yours. It feels like ages away! Not that I have any embies on board yet. I need to call for an update on them but like you, am a bit nervous. From reading other ladies' stories I expect for some embies to drop off each step of the way. I think 6 is a good number though, so even if you lost a couple you should still have one to transfer and some to freeze.

Let us know how you go. My fingers are crossed you have 6 strong ones still x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    No, in my experience and those of others I talk to, there's not usually much of a difference in numbers between Day 1 and Day 3. Generally they will start to drop off after Day 3, as they have to go through more complex processes than just dividing, i.e. compaction, cavitation, expansion, etc. Only some embryos will be able to do this, it's extremely rare for all embies to survive the Day 3 - Day 5 section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sharlee, yep, transfer on Wednesday I hope.

I just spoke to the lab and am a bit deflated after hearing that 7/14 embryos (by day 3) are now low grade. They'll let them keep growing to day 5 but it is unlikely they'll improve. The remaining 7 are average quality (6 x 8 cell grade 3, 1 x 6 cell grade 3). Now to decide how many to freeze, how many to leave to day 5 (out of the 7 average ones).

What grade embryo gave you ladies a successful pregnancy? Nervous x
    Last edited by Milly888; 08-07-2013 at 08:38. Reason: Typo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks everyone. We're doing a day 5 transfer so I know we'll lose a couple along the way. I guess we only really need 1. I have no idea what grade they are, they didn't say when I spoke to the clinic on Saturday. I'll ask when they call today.

Milly - I can't give any advice about freezing because it's all new to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got my call and my other embie that wasn't transferred got to 8 cells and then didn't make it any further. Hopefully the one we transferred fared better. It was 7 cells on day 3 but compacting nicely...

Thanks
    Reviews
    First injection this morning DH did a great job doing it! A bit sore but I am sure it was just the shock been the first 1!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leash6 For This Useful Post:

Milly888  (08-07-2013)