Closed Thread
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moose Caboose - that sounds different to my FS's approach. They said to start with IVF (no ICSI) to begin with given sperm were ok. But as we had only 1/18 fertilise in retrospect we should have done ICSI from the start. Can you ask for more info from your FS so you are comfortable with the reasons/decision?

AFM - I had my second day 1 blood test yesterday (on day 3!) and my estrogen levels were low enough to start injecting! I was using an old synarel and think it must have been too low to be effective. Whoops. Excited to be starting this roller coaster again! Fingers crossed it's our lucky cycle x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly888 For This Useful Post:

Moose Caboose  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone Is anybody else with genea ? Have you done a cycle/transfer with the new culture medium/media ? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lionheart34 my little fact sheet says it is okay to resume normal activities once you feel ready too. In saying that though I am very aware that i could be carrying the most precious cargo so I guess it makes it harder just to go on as "normal". I also read somewhere that you should not do anything that you will beat yourself up about if you get a BFN.

Loads of Love try doing the injections yourself. It will hurt less. I used to stand in front of the mirror. I also got some cream from the chemist to put on about an hour before and it numbs the area

Moose Caboose if it is any consolation we did ICSI and ended up with 9 5 day blastos. We are getting the best ones frozen and the very best one is back in my tummy.

KD0085 have you done a home pregnancy test yet. I am only day 1 and a little sore but that's it. Isn't it amazing how much more we are aware of it Good Luck either way.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

lionheart 334  (24-06-2013),Moose Caboose  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    the sample size is smaller so they are able to make a smaller quantity of donor sperm go further through utilizing icsi.
    This is EXACTLY why they do ICSI with frozen donor sperm. They try and prevent as much wastage as possible, so they store it in smaller samples than you'd need for IVF, but plenty for ICSI, so it can be used for more couples/cycles.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome.. and I am a total newbie on my first time round as well.

Our DD is making us grandparents for the first time in about.. * checks calender* 7 days lol

Wishing you every success on this IVF journey and on becoming Grandies! I just recoloured my hair to bright purple and orange.. Like hell am I going to be looking * normal* in these bub pics.
    Last edited by Oddity Acres; 24-06-2013 at 10:12. Reason: Because I do not check before pressing send.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our FS has decided no matter, what to go with ICSI. It is part of the package.

Here is hoping we are all succesful

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by my FS that we are not allowed to do ANYTHING in the 2ww. Gentle walking is about all. Even got told that orgasms ( self given) are a BIG no no.

However I am the newbie at this so *shrug* .....

Love the netball but I wouldnt take any risks until you get that BFP!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity Acres For This Useful Post:

lionheart 334  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moose caboose, we had no choice but to use ICSI with donor sperm. It's because the supplies are critically low at most clinics, and ICSI uses a lot less than regular ivf. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    On my way to my friends house as we woke up in the morning just to find out that there is no water in the house...
    On the day of transfer.....!!!!!!!
    Happy Monday everyone and good luck KLM and kelbel for your transfer too!

Baby dust to you all xxx

Aneczka 😜