Closed Thread
Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaA View Post
    So asking all women out there who have had Positive blood test how did u levels rise with each blood test. I had my first a week ago it was 250 and today my levels came back as 4100 is this good? My progesterone dropped a little which I'm worried about.

The nurse really made me uneasy I know they can't give u definite ideas and stuff but she was telling me if its going to happen its going to happen and not to stress I can't change fate blahhhh I know that but u can at least tell me if its looking good or not...

When will this stress be over when can I be happy and enjoy this pregnancy and not stress over everything?!?
    Your levels are meant to double every 24 hours, 4,100 seems like a pretty good number, what is your progesterone level?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a sneaky BT from my GP today, 8dp5dt. Hcg was 77 today, and progesterone only 41, despite all the bloody support I'm on. Hcg should be over 40 today, so I'm doing alright... Now just have to hope these tests get darker over the weekend!

A little worried about my progesterone... I'm on 2x Crinone, 1x pessary and 3x Provera a day, and it's still only 41. Might ask my clinic tomorrow if I should increase my support..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maria are you on any progesterone support. I am on the crinone and they gave me 30 of them so I have enough for 1 month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on crinone 2 weeks after egg collection and that's it I stopped the day before first blood test. I didn't ask for progesterone level she said its just dropped she wasn't a really nice person and made me question everything. She never mentioned to go on anymore progesterone I'm assuming that's what they will do if I start spotting don't really want it to get that far but I mean I have to trust them don't I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So asking all women out there who have had Positive blood test how did u levels rise with each blood test. I had my first a week ago it was 250 and today my levels came back as 4100 is this good? My progesterone dropped a little which I'm worried about.

The nurse really made me uneasy I know they can't give u definite ideas and stuff but she was telling me if its going to happen its going to happen and not to stress I can't change fate blahhhh I know that but u can at least tell me if its looking good or not...

When will this stress be over when can I be happy and enjoy this pregnancy and not stress over everything?!?
    I'm interested in the responses for this as I have no idea. The doctor told me my level was really good yesterday at 500 but not sure what that really means?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Maria she sounds like a Cow, I would call your clinic or your FS first thing tomorrow. You pay them a lot of money so they should be more helpful so put any concerns to them & try not to stress too much about it

Thanks
    Reviews

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

BabeeMaybee  (27-06-2013),Sharlee32  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on crinone 2 weeks after egg collection and that's it I stopped the day before first blood test. I didn't ask for progesterone level she said its just dropped she wasn't a really nice person and made me question everything. She never mentioned to go on anymore progesterone I'm assuming that's what they will do if I start spotting don't really want it to get that far but I mean I have to trust them don't I?

Call them and demand more progesterone!

With my first ivf cycle they said the same to me (keep in mind my hog was lower than yours so don't freak out) but they said oh no you don't need to take the progesterone up to the the blood test and guess what? When I finally demanded it thanks to the ladies on here informing me was too late and I miscarried. I still get quite mad when I hear them not giving you the progesterone right up until the BT!

The stupid nurses said that low progesterone is an indicator of a failing pregnancy, but now I know it is not for everyone some people have issues with progesterone and that is why they can't get pregnant naturally.

my current doc said I can have it up to 13 weeks if I need it, and this cycle I had an argument with the nurses cause they didn't believe me. They don't realise how much physically mentally and financially an ivf cycle costs and they don't know everything!
    Last edited by nattie84; 27-06-2013 at 18:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also just found this...
    http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums...lues-and-Facts

Nattie yes totally agree. I am on my first cycle but my clinic said if I get a positive I will be on the crinone for 9 weeks and if I get a negative next week then they want me to stay on it for another week just in case. That is why they gave me 30 of them. I have also heard of other ladies who have actually had to get extra progesterone of IVF friends (like on the sly) because there clinic doesn't give them enough. I don't understand why they won't? I am wondering if there is any special reasons.
    Last edited by Sharlee32; 27-06-2013 at 18:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's so frustrating! Looking back now my hcg was low ish but did go up the required amount and it may just have been a late implanter oh we'll we will never know and I must move on but it just makes me so mad!