+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Not all babies need the same amount of sleep.

It sounds like he is sleeping great at night. Is he happy during the day?

My DS2 has 3 naps during the day. The first 2 are 30-45 mins and the last 3 hrs. The 3 hr one he needs help resettling but I can tell he wants to be asleep because he cries and keeps his eyes shut/roots around and after a quick feed/rock is back to sleep. When he is ready to wake up he smiles and is happy so I get him up.

How long is he awake in between naps? At 6 weeks I'd guess he would be getting tired after about an hour to hour and a half.

You say you don't want to devote all day to putting him to sleep. Could yiu get a carrier? He can sleep while you play with your other LO.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Today he would of only slept a total of 1 .5 hours for the whole day this is pretty bad!

But he's doing so well at night! focus on the positives! Mabe that's all HE needs at this stage, as it doesnt seem to be upsetting his nights. Just go with it. Would you be interested in trying a baby carrier/sling? i found it really helpful to keep ds close to me so he felt secure and cosy and he would just drop off to sleep whenever he wanted while i was doing stuff with my toddler. I was able to sit on the couch with him snuggled in it too Was greatwhen we were out at the shops ect. i highlty reccomend them for tiny babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    It sounds perfectly normal to me - all three of mine have been day time catnappers. I just used a wrap around carrier when I had a toddler and a newbie to deal with. But if you feel something is wrong then you should follow it up.