+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She hasn't slept all day and I've tried for hours to make her go down. Now she screams when I put her down, pick her up, cuddle her, pat her. She just screams. I don't know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you have a swing or baby carrier? When i have bad days i use these to keep us both sane and start again after next feed.... i find shes usually knackered by then, but understand how tiring and frustrating it is. We are having an ok day today as hubby is home to help. Do u have some support?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    She used to sleep in her bouncer and carrier but lately she won't in either. She will tolerate being in them for a while but then starts crying when she's had enough. Took her for a walk in the pram - she didn't sleep but at least she stopped crying...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg she sounds exactly like my dd! She used to fall asleep I'm her swing or bouncer but now tolerates it for a lil while... Just enough time for me to have a breather

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing too as I'm in a similar position and starting for more cot sleeps by putting him down calm but awake. Hope to hear of others experiences and will share mine too if you'd like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Omg she sounds exactly like my dd! She used to fall asleep I'm her swing or bouncer but now tolerates it for a lil while... Just enough time for me to have a breather

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Lol I feel sorry for us! No seriously it's good to know I'm not the only one struggling with it; I thought I must have been doing it completely wrong as it seems to work for everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana12 View Post
    Subbing too as I'm in a similar position and starting for more cot sleeps by putting him down calm but awake. Hope to hear of others experiences and will share mine too if you'd like
    How old is your LO?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet87 View Post
    She hasn't slept all day and I've tried for hours to make her go down. Now she screams when I put her down, pick her up, cuddle her, pat her. She just screams. I don't know what to do
    How does she go in the car? We often go for a drive to a shopping centre for naps. The drive puts her to sleep, then pushing her around in the pram keeps her asleep. I can get her to nap for about 1.5hr this way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've also done the pat pat pat thing. .. strange question but do you stand over the cot or make eye contact? I alwats found that harder. .. so I would never make eye contact when settling. And I would sit on the floor and put my arm through the side of the cot and tap. .. and put a muslin or something overt the side so my Bub couldn't see me. It does work. .. but it took a while and I have to start again with my 6 month old as a have had s stint in hospital which ruined my routines!!!! So it's a work in progress with mine. And if she cried I would pick her up. .. cuddle till not crying then put her back down. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABigDeepBreath View Post
    How does she go in the car? We often go for a drive to a shopping centre for naps. The drive puts her to sleep, then pushing her around in the pram keeps her asleep. I can get her to nap for about 1.5hr this way.
    The car is a bit hit and miss but ill try it next time when she's not screaming. When she gets too overtired in the car she screams as well, sometimes I have even had to stick my boob in her mouth to get her to go to sleep while she is strapped in...