+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Face Book- blocking 'friends' from reading your wall

Hello

Now I'm not very up-to-date with face book can & can't do's, so Im hoping some one can help me with this question?

I haven't been on face book for a few years now because of a very annoying family member. I can't delete him as a friend, it would cause too much hassle. I wan't to get back into it, but was wondering if there was a way of blocking then so they wouldn't know I'm back on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hover over where it says friends on their profile. Click on Add to another list. Then click on restricted. They can't see anything you do, or your profile unless you have posts on public.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jodes86 For This Useful Post:

eMBe  (23-06-2013),jellybeanicecream  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another thing you can do is make them an aquaitence (???). Then when you post anything make it visible to friends except aquaitences. You also don't see things they post on your wall (when you go to their profile you can see it it just doecnt come up in your wall)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodes86 View Post
    Hover over where it says friends on their profile. Click on Add to another list. Then click on restricted. They can't see anything you do, or your profile unless you have posts on public.
    Wow this is so good to know! I've been wanting to restrict my FB audience for ages now but didn't want to cancel my FB completely because there's a select few I am happy to interact with and want to keep it for that reason.

Thank you!

PS. So anyone on the restricted list can't see my posts, just my basic profile? I have nothing on 'public', everything is on 'friends' so does that mean they'll see nothing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have this 'friend' who has me on restricted, and I just don't get it..why not just delete? It's just facebook..

Actually, I'm going to go delete her right now coz there's just no point having her on my facebook.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

Kelly8329  (23-06-2013),VicPark  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    I have this 'friend' who has me on restricted, and I just don't get it..why not just delete? It's just facebook..

Actually, I'm going to go delete her right now coz there's just no point having her on my facebook.
    So people know when they're on someone's restricted list?? I am confused here.

ETA, I would not want to offend anyone - I simply only want the people who interact with me on FB seeing my stuff iykwim... As opposed to the voyeur types who only use FB to voyeur on others yet never actually contribute themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eMBe View Post
    So people know when they're on someone's restricted list?? I am confused here.

ETA, I would not want to offend anyone - I simply only want the people who interact with me on FB seeing my stuff iykwim... As opposed to the voyeur types who only use FB to voyeur on others yet never actually contribute themselves.
    It's easy to tell if someone has you on restricted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    It's easy to tell if someone has you on restricted.
    Hows that? Genuinely want to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You go to their wall and you can't see much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    You go to their wall and you can't see much.
    Ah, ok, but if they're people you never interact with on FB anyway then I doubt they'll come looking at your wall. I only intend on restricting those people, so they don't see my stuff in the newsfeed, not that I post much anyway. I don't dislike anyone on my FB (otherwise they wouldn't be on my FB!) though.