+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation Bleed?

Hi ladies sorry for TMI but two days ago I was cleaning the toilet and I lifted up the lid to clean it and saw a drop of blood there. Have no idea how it got there, my husband knows nothing about it and given i clean the toilet often it wasn't there a couple of days before that and my period was early June. I am so confused, hopeful and frustrated at the same time. I can't think of what else it would be but don't want to get excited.
    I have tested and not positive at this point but my period isn't due for 6 days now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it was from you, wouldn't you have noticed it on the toilet paper?

Sorry to be a downer but it could have been from anything or anyone.

A cut on your finger? A visitor using your bathroom?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No visitors - just my husband and I use it - it is our ensuite. I already inspected our hands (no cuts) and sometimes use it in the dark in the night - that's why I may not have noticed hence the confusion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm...hard to say.

When I've had implantation bleeding, both times it was literally a drop on the toilet paper when I wiped.

I did however get faint BFP's the day after the bleeds though. I was 9dpo with my current pregnancy when I had IB....can't remember with my daughter. But probably about the same.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Hard to say.

Fx it was

I never had implantation bleeding so can't give my own experience.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had implantation bleeds both times...I thought it was a light period and had to wear a liner for a day or so....so you may be pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    It turns out it was an implantation bleed :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chickychickpea For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay! Congratulations!!!!!

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

Thanks
    Reviews
    congratulations Chickychickpea! Wonderful news! You've got quite the journey ahead exciting though!

For the benefit of anyone looking for information in the future (i know i was) I had an implant bleed the day my period would ordinarily have been due.

Chickychickpea, also, just so you are aware in case it happens to you, i also spotted around week 5.6 and 8 (or something like that) anyway i spotted a couple of times in the first trimester, Nothing heavy but enough that you could see the faint red/brown when on the toilet paper, did last more than a few trips to the bathroom (albeit i kept going to see if it was worse/better) but still, the second time i headed to private emergency as i wanted to know if everything was ok. A that time the only way to see bub was ultrasound (rather than just using a doppler to check the heartbeat which they do later) so we had blood tests confirming HcG levels and ultrasound. But Dr said that it can be normal to spot at around week 4, 8 and 12. Just so you know

Good luck with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info! This will actually be my third child - I had an implantation bleed with my first, nothing (that I noticed) with my second but had spotting at 32 weeks! Was rushed to the hospital and it turned out it was just burst blood vessels or something on my cervix. Since finding the blood, I have not had any spotting. I am 5 weeks now :-)