Closed Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My friend has given me all her leftover newborn nappies so we will use them until they run out and then reassess. The itti smalls are tiny though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    maybee: I'm glad she took the bottle well. Wind seems to be a common problem.

Rainbow: I find the newborn nappies helpful in hosp with the indicator line to show if they are wet especially as you need to record how often you change a wet or poop nappy.

Bond: you must be so happy to have your mum there.

Loony and Smurfy hope you are both well and taking it easy.

Michelle: How are you feeling? Lots of movement now? Hows the craft stuff going? Did you say you started a FB page for them? If so link please

Channy: Hope you are having a nice weekend and not stressing about your results.

MrsLA: How are you going? Hope your little boy isn't making you too unwell.

Squiggs: What day is your scan? Hope your babies are doing well.

Ponytail: Hope you are going well

Ms Faery, MissX and waitinghoping, hope you are well

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (21-07-2013),Ponytail  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a shocking night with River had some lovely awake time with her this morning.

River 21.07.2013.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!!
    So I am back after an intense and busy week finishing the renos - so, so happy that they are over! I feel like I live in a brand new house - so in love and just want to keep everything clean!!
    While I tried to take it easy, I did overdo it, so I am incredibly tired and sore and now can just relax!
    Next Sunday is my baby shower and I am so excited. We put the nursery furniture together and the room looks very bare, so I am just waiting to see what we receive next week and then we can finish it off. Was a very weird sight seeing my hubby putting a cot together!!

I can't remember everyone's posts, but Lil Smurfy, I hope your little girl makes an appearance soon!
    MCB sorry to hear about your cruddy friends and sister. We have no family here at all, so our friends are all rallying around us and have already booked themselves in for baby sitting!!
    Eek - can't remember much else - welcome to the new lady who has joined us and hi to everyone else!!!!!
    Xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MissXamA congrats on finishing the renos! We are still going here, so no sign of a nursery yet! Im working on a quilt for bubs and thats the first thing Ive really done so its nice to finally do something for baby.

Rainbow - Im using cloth too but will be using some disposables in the early days. Ive got some Itti smalls, but I think they actually look big! (compared to some newborn disposables!) Ill switch to cloth once the "I need to poo every time I feed" stage ends... those breastmilk poos are gross in cloth, and theres no way Id cope with meconium poos in cloth!!

River - nawww she is so cute. I cant wait for baby cuddles when my bubs eventually rocks up!.

That sucks to the girls who are finding friends arent being supportive of your pregnancies. I had friends who had babies when younger and they found they had the same thing happen, some people just cant relate anymore. I had DD at 29 and even then found I lost a number of friends because your interests change, you cant do everything you used to anymore so people dont "bother" with you anymore. It sucks but its unfortunately part of the process. One thing I learnt though was that once I was functional again after having DD and got out to meet other mums, I made an amazing group of new mummy friends.... ones that I have things in common with and who stick around despite snotty noses and screaming kids!!!!

AFM - got home last night from a week away so just chilling out today as DH is sick. Might work on some sewing for bubs. too cold to do anything else. Cant believe we had snow in Adelaide again yesterday brrrrr!!!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 21-07-2013 at 11:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissFaery, I'm glad your classes went well, and you're happy with the midwives. We have been given 2 boxes of newborn nappies, so will use them up before we switch to MCNs. I've got a couple of baby beehinds petites, and they look tiny.

Maybee, Ava is so cute. Working our whether they are feeding enough, breast feeding, expressing etc seems so complicated.

I'm going well. I felt a bit sick yesterday, but seem ok today. Insomnia was terrible last night, but I guess I better get used to not sleeping well. My little precious seems to be waiting for my ob to get back from leave. I have an appointment with her tomorrow, and she said she'll give me an induction date, if I make it to that appt.

Loony, how are you going?

Bond, I hope you are having fun with your mum.

Channy, I hope you are enjoying your weekend away.

MissX, that's great that the renos are finished. I hope you are less tired soon. Have fun with the nursery.

Toni, that's another gorgeous photo of River

Waiting, that's great that you're making a quilt for bubs. I hope your renos are done soon. It has definitely been a cold few days here. I didn't see snow though (hubby wasn't keen on us going hiking to Mt Lofty)
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 21-07-2013 at 11:22.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lil Smurfy from memory are you in Adelaide? Where are you having bubs. Not long now!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Lil Smurfy from memory are you in Adelaide? Where are you having bubs. Not long now!!!!!
    Yep I'm in Adelaide. I'm having her at Ashford.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, i might be offline a bit. its been a devastating weekend for me. I lost my beautiful horse who has been my best friend of 17 years suddenly yesterday. He was old (27) and showed signs of abdominal pain, the vet administered a very common painkiller he had been given before and his old body just couldn't cope and he had a fatal reaction and died during the seizure. Looking back he had signs of kidney failure which explains the severe reaction and he would have gone overnight anyway. It was so traumatic for me to see him like this but at least I got to be with him in his final moments and lay with him while his heart slowed to a stop, I hope he knew how much he was loved. He is now buried at home where I can see him out my bedroom window. I'm trying to be calm and healthy for babies sake but I'm just so so sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX: great that the renos are finished. Have fun organising the nursery and at your baby shower next weekend

Smurfy: Nice of bub to wait for your ob to return. How do you feel about the possibility of induction? Sorry the insomnia is sticking around, that sucks. Some nights I think I sleep more now River is here than when pregnant (last night was not one of them lol)

Ponytail: I'm so sorry for your loss it is so traumatic to lose a much loved pet and family member.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (21-07-2013)