Closed Thread
Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rainbow I have had similar things with my supposed best friends in my life. You need to call them out on it, call their bluff and say "I am sure 3 months time is plenty of notice to give your boss to attend one of the most important days in my life - which by the way will only happen once in my life"
    Some people are beyond selfish!! Don't tolerate it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rainbow if it make you feel better I have had at least two of my very close friends stop talking to me and deleted me on Facebook the very day I announced I was pregnant because apparently I am "not fun anymore because you are settling down and having a baby"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Rainbow if it make you feel better I have had at least two of my very close friends stop talking to me and deleted me on Facebook the very day I announced I was pregnant because apparently I am "not fun anymore because you are settling down and having a baby"
    Better to be rid of them now MCB
    What incredibly silly people!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, that's ridiculous and not the type of people you need in your life. Pretty pathetic.

Rainbow, I think I would reply and say what others have suggested- I thought three months would have been plenty of notice for getting time off, can you perhaps speak to your boss first before you count yourself out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond: I hope the time until your girl arrives goes quick and that you manage to get as much sleep as possible before she arrives.

Rainbow: if people cant take the time to help you celebrate when you give that much notice you probably don't need them there

Michelle: A lot of people lose "friends" when they have babies, its very sad though.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (19-07-2013),MichelleClareBear  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I'm a bit annoyed. I made a facebook "save the date" event for my baby shower which is going to be in mid october, and my very best friend says she probably won't be able to get out of work to come to it. Surely 3 months is enough notice to give?!

Grrrr. I know it's silly but seriously, she works in a cafe. I'm sure they could find someone to cover a shift in three months time!!!
    I'd b annoyed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's pathetic of them, at least u know what they are like and don't have haters in your life anymore x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow / MCB-
    I have lost a few friends along the way with having children young (i was 21 with dd) my friends were still in party mode. So know your pain the funny thing is now they want to chat to me and on Facebook ask about how the kids r and how they have changed.

Hope your friend comes around and realises how important this day is to u and dp.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to loonylea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Rainbow and MCB, that's shockingly bad behaviour from your friends. Especially deleting you off Facebook MCB! WHAT? What excuse can they have for that?

How is everyone else?

My cramps have pretty much stopped now!
    However, this has been replaced with round the clock morning sickness! We're having a heatwave here in the UK which isn't helping matters. I also have to revise for an interview I have next week. Not an ideal combination!

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.s. I need to update my signature but can't remember how to do it. Anyone?