Closed Thread
Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    FTM question for you re self settling. Following SOS did you do the whole let her cry (in the book, boil the kettle, drink cuppa etc) or did you have to sit and pat Vale for a long time and wait for her to fall asleep? Or did you do something different?
    I would put her down sleepy but awake. Within a few mins she would start whingey cry. I would leave her to do that for 2 mins. If at any point she did the distressed cry I went straight in to her. If she stopped whingey cry for 5 secs I would re start the 2 min timer. I actually had a timer on as I realised the importance of getting the times right. If she was distressed or had been whinging for more than 2 mins I would go in and pat her tummy lightly shushing loudly. That settled her most of the time. If not i would pick her up and pat her bum while shushing. When she settled, back in she went. I never did the cup of tea thing and never patted until she fell asleep.

It takes a lot of work and consistency and persistence are key. Remind yourself there's a greater cause

Hope this helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks FTM! Sounds much more user friendly for mum and bubs. I'll try that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Thanks FTM! Sounds much more user friendly for mum and bubs. I'll try that.
    Yeah I find her ways great if you tweak them a little to suit you and bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee for some reason didn't see your post. All you can do is keep trying. Another possibility is if she feeds 4hrly try expressing after 3 hrs. Not sure if that effects the next feed but its what some ladies in my DIG have done. Pity you don't have more photos with Ava but its never to late to start. I hate having my photo taken too! I have some labour shots that I prob won't ever share because I feel fat in them.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry everyone have been a bit crazy here. Will catch up on personas later but thought I would update. I ended up in ambulance to the hospital monday night with ridiculous stomach pains. Turns out I need my gallbladder removed since Eliana is only a few weeks old I can wait for a little bit to have the op (hopefully a few months) but until then hoping I don't get the pain back too often. Apparently it's not uncommon during or after pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs LilPetal. I have gallstones they are bad enough. Waiting list for surgery here is 3yrs so mine is mostly controlled by diet. Unfortunately it seems to effect everyone different so keep note of which foods cause you pain and avoid them. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Toni that's a long wait. Will def be keeping note of what I can/can't eat. I am going to go private to get it removed as otherwise they said its a long wait unless I get an infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MrsLA, that's crazy that recovering the chair is going to cost that much.

Maybee, I hope the self settling works for you. We're having a baby photo shoot, and the woman wants to do parent shots. I wasn't keen on having my photo taken, but it is probably worth it so I don't regret having no pics

LilPetal, I hope you can manage your pain until Eliana is a bit older.

AFM, ob appointment today. I haven't been doing much, but I have finished pre-washing my MCNs, I have unpacked all bubs stuff that was still in a box, and made up both her beds. I'm all ready to meet my precious girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    Oh Toni that's a long wait. Will def be keeping note of what I can/can't eat. I am going to go private to get it removed as otherwise they said its a long wait unless I get an infection.
    Is a long wait but I didn't have private health when diagnosed and as I'm managing to control it thought I may as well wait. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    We're having a baby photo shoot, and the woman wants to do parent shots. I wasn't keen on having my photo taken, but it is probably worth it so I don't regret having no pics.

AFM, ob appointment today. I haven't been doing much, but I have finished pre-washing my MCNs, I have unpacked all bubs stuff that was still in a box, and made up both her beds. I'm all ready to meet my precious girl.
    Well worth getting photos even if you never show anyone.
    Hope appt goes well and yay for being organised to meet your girl :-)