Closed Thread
Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nice to hear from you Squiggs. Wow almost 12w for you. Good luck for your scan next week!

I'm not overly fussed about no success with expressing just yet. It would have been nice to be able to do it to give myself a break every now and then. Breastfeeding is so demanding.

Ava was weighed today and has gained 372g in just over a week. She has also grown 3cm in 2 weeks. Hard to believe she is already 2 weeks old!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need some more advice!

We haven't told our family and close friends that we are pregnant yet, our 12 week scan is tomorrow. I won't get a chance to see my parents in person for over a week (my dad i wont see hardly never as he lives interstate as well as my only sibling) and DHs parents are even worse, they are overseas for a few weeks so phone calls are hard due to timezones. I'm so excited I just want to tell all of our friends at DHs birthday Saturday night. Is it poor etiquette to send a sonogram pic with a funny message to the parents via text and then follow up with a phone call?
    I want our parents to know before everyone else, that is very important to me! I just worry about not doing it in person, does it matter? I don't think they will be upset but it feels...impersonal I guess! I just can't wait anymore and everyone will see me not drinking and I don't want to lie anymore, my friends think I am dying of some infection as I have "been on antibiotics" for months now haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow you have done a good job holding out on ur parents this long. I think the text is fine especially for the overseas ones and this will mean they can find out first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly, that is great news about your scan

MCB, how did you go at your interview?

Pony, I hope your feeling better. I felt a lot better after eating dinner and sitting with my knees pulled up to my chest last night and have been fine today.
    I wold definitely text your family before telling everyone else. I agree it would be nice to tell them in person, but its not always possible and a text/phone call so that they know first is a good option I think

Hi everyone else. Its been quiet in here lately. I can actually keep up for once

Afm. My hospital runs an exercise class called 'mums in training' its an exercise class run by the hospital physio's just for pregnant mum's. I'm going for the first time tonight, hope its good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Squiggs, good luck with your scan next week.

Maybee, that's a great weight gain for Ava, you must be so pleased

Pony, I'd definitely text / call your family before telling your friends. You've done so well to hold out so long.

MrsLA, I hope you enjoy your exercise class

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squiggs: wow nearly 12 weeks, that's gone fast. How are you going?

Ponytail: I hope the gas pain leaves soon. I understand what you mean about the smell, I had that issue which I think is because of how long it takes to pass the gas. Nothing wrong with telling family on the phone and the text sounds like a nice idea, I had to otherwise I would have been nearly 15 weeks before I told them, and we haven't actually seen DP's mum since before we were pregnant, not something we could hide since we have had our bub now haha.

Channy: How are you going? Your scan must be soon as well right?

Maybee: good weight gain and growth for Ava you must be very happy. Keep going with the expressing if you have the energy, its hard work though.

MrsLA: have fun at your class

Michelle: how did your interview go?

How are you feeling Lil Smurfy, Loony and Bond? I hope the end of your pregnancies are going nicely.

Hi Rainbow, MsFaery, MissX and Waiting, hope you are all going nicely.

Mum has sent me some more photos, this is my fav so far that has me in it, cuddles after River's first bath.
    Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni, I'm feeling pretty good, apart from all day heartburn.

Beautiful photo of River

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone

The exercise sounds great Mrs LA. I'm definitely going to do what I can to stay in shape after this risk period. I'm not quite as toned as I was before having my first 6 years ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick hello from me today, as only got a few hours sleep last night thanks to the dreaded insomnia so feeling awful. Now tonight I am fighting with DH over the most pathetic stuff so keeping myself to myself and feeling really fed up and upset. Told him he can put Toby to bed and clean up the mess he created in the kitchen. I really don't care! Will watch the Great Australian Bake Off on tv then go to sleep, I hope!

Will try to pop in for personals tomorrow when I can use the computer rather than my phone. :thumbup: Apologies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toni- that is a truly gorgeous photo of you and River; I love it! You should get that blown up on a canvas to hang in the house! I love seeing photos of her- please post more!!

mrsLA- did you get the chair for your little dude? Glad you're feeling better hope the gas goes away! The excerise class sounds really good! I'm starting pregnant water aerobics next week.

lil smurfy- I hope your heartburn goes away quickly!!

pony- hope the gass passes soon, it can really suck I agree calling/texting your family first is a good idea and that way you can tell your friends on the weekend. The comment about the antibiotics made me crack up!!

The interview went well thank you for asking she said there is definitely a position available for me so just need to wait to find out where abouts it is and how long.

On a happy note- I finally felt definite kicks from my little girl tonight! It was amazing 19 weeks tomorrow and morph scan on Thursday arvo! Nearly half way there!