Closed Thread
Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know I dont post in here much but I hope you dont mind me giving some advice

Maybee (and anyone else who might be expressing or planning to....) - I had lots of problems with DD and Bfeeding (I combined EBM and bf for a while but after 10 weeks she wouldnt latch anymore due to having a small mouth and me having flat nips) so I expressed full time until she was 6 months old. Some tips I learned along the way were:
    - Expressing during the night and morning usually gave best results
    - If you miss a feed (ie: DH gives a bottle) its recommended that you still pump that feed to keep your supply up as it is all supply and demand
    - Drink LOTS of water. There are supplements you can take if you need to help with supply.
    - If you struggle getting a "let down" with the pump, (if you can!) pump near baby (I used to go in to DDs nursery at night and watch her sleep briefly if I was struggling to get the letdown happening, ah the things you do!) or have a photo / item that reminds you of them as it will help to release the hormones needed.
    - I found different pumps give different results (obviously the hospital grade ones tend to be most efficient!). Ive found lots of women prefer the electric pumps but I actually found I got best results from a manual pump as I could control the pumping better. I never had success with hand expressing though
    - If you do freeze EBM, freeze in small batches. That way if bubs doesnt take it youre not wasting hours of pumping down the sink (oh the pain!!!) or if bubs is still hungry you can easily warm up just a little more.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Kelly - good luck with your scan tomorrow. Ive been in your shoes, with brown blood and results going both ways (healthy baby and a missed miscarriage) so I know how scary any bleeding can be. Fx your little one is burrowing in nicely for the next 8 months.

AFM - 24 1/2 weeks now.. going away this week so will be offline for a few days. Been busy as DD has been sick but otherwise all is well Im reading along but dont post very often as I struggle to keep up with personals but know Im thinking of you all, particularly those ladies who will have little bundles very soon!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 14-07-2013 at 23:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Does anyone have any tips on expressing? When's the best time to do it, how long for etc...
    Are you using a pump or expressing by hand? People generally say overnight is best but I find first thing in the morning.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Are you using a pump or expressing by hand? People generally say overnight is best but I find first thing in the morning.

Using an electric pump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips waiting. I'll see how I go.

Enjoy your time away and hope DD is feeling better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Using an electric pump.
    In the hospital they told me 5 mins each side then another 5 mins each side but I'm solely expressing. So if you do it when you haven't already fed that might work. If you do it after a feed I would do each side until there is no more coming out then a little longer so your body thinks you need more milk produced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monday morning, 😀

To everyone that's still working hope your day goes fast.

Bond & Lil smurfy (don't think anyone else is on mat leave sorry if I missed anyone);

how is your mat leave going?

Lil smurfy;
    how are u feeling with due date getting closer ???

I'm starting to feel like its never going to happen😔 I know I still have a while b4my due date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rainbow, that canvas is lovely

Nila, your twins are cute

Waiting, thanks for the tips on expressing

Bond, I hope Toby is 100% now and he's less challenging today. Enjoy your play date today

Loony, my maternity leave is going well. I'm feeling pretty good, just a little uncomfortable. Can't believe my baby is due this week. I'm not getting the feeling that she's going to be here anytime soon.

I hope your baby arrives soon. Can't wait to find out what you're having.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy wow you are due this week! I hope you are managing to sleep and resting up. Don't overdo it! I know what you mean about feeling like its not happening anytime soon but it will happen. Can't wait to hear news of your little girl arriving.

Looney lea, not too long to go. The last couple of weeks are the hardest. I remember feeling exactly the same. Try to get some rest and take it day by day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    In the hospital they told me 5 mins each side then another 5 mins each side but I'm solely expressing. So if you do it when you haven't already fed that might work. If you do it after a feed I would do each side until there is no more coming out then a little longer so your body thinks you need more milk produced.

Thanks Toni. I attempted to express after a feed and got nothing. I'll try again later or first thing in the morning tomorrow. Breast feeding can be so frustrating! Can I ask why you are solely expressing? (I'm sure you've already said why but it escapes me)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Canvas looks good Rainbow nursery is coming along nicely

Cant believe your little girl is due this week smurfy, hope she comes soon!

Glad you enjoyed p!nk MrsLA ... I would love to see her live!

Cant remember much else sorry but hello everyone! I love seeing photos of everyone's babies sooo clucky!

19 weeks on Wednesday! I got an interview for that job I applied for last week tomorrow morning and really hoping I get it!!

Hope I get to start before thursday so I'm still entitled to ppl! Although my morph scan is on Thursday afternoon so don't know how I'll manage that!