Closed Thread
Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My vit D and iron were both fine originally, but my 28 week blood test showed both were low. I switched to elevit to fix the iron, and have been taking the vitamin D supplements.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    Hi MCB thanks for thinking of me!
    Just been busy busy! 11w tomorrow, had my bloods in preparation for the scan and its come back that I am rather deficient in vitamin D so I'm on supplements for that. Looking forward to our scan Wednesday next week and finally telling the world.
    I feel bad swanning in here telling everyone how great I feel, no nausea or sickness, no headaches but I do have bad skin right now which I am hating. I have always had lovely skin
    That's awesome that ur feeling so well, when did you have ur bloods? Mayb I should do mine early too...hmm

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loonylea - Thanks! How far along are you?

ToniS - Thanks for welcoming me. Baby River is beautiful.

MCB - Thanks! I was so shocked! We had stopped actively trying for a couple of months, so I didn't even think to test until I got symptoms!
    So you know you're having a girl? How exciting! Do you have any names picked? Your bump is coming along nicely

Lilsmurfy - Thank you! This is my 2nd baby but my first pregnancy was 6 years ago so I might still have some questions if my symptoms are different this time around. How far along are you? Boy or girl?

Rainbow - I'm so glad everything is going well with your baby boy!
    I'm 6 weeks 5 days based on my last period - makes my EDD 1st March 2014 for now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kelly09 For This Useful Post:

ToniS  (12-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask a general question about early pregnancy - did any of you ladies get a lot of cramping (AF style pains) in the beginning? I've read that it's normal but I can't help but panic a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Everyone, sorry I have been MIA - I never realised how consumed I would be with a newborn. I manage to read along (usually while doing night feeds) but don't find much time to post.

MCB

PinkorBlue thank you for your well wishes. I have my fingers crossed you get your BFP soon.

Kelly congrats on your BFP - it has been a little while since we have had a new graduate from memory... All the best for the next 9 months!

MissX- pleased that the tilers got their acts together and have made good progress.

Lil smurfy - not too long until you meet your little girl now. Glad you are enjoying mat leave. You are entitled and supposed to be lazy now. You will be very busy once bubs arrives. Hope the class was helpful

Looney- not very long for you either! Good luck with deciding on a name. I'm sure you will find one that you and DH love when the time comes.

MrsLA - I think if you like your maiden name then why not use it. It's not uncommon for women to use their maiden names as middle names these days. Do what feels right for you.

Toni- River is adorable. That's great that she is gaining weight. It must be a little daunting to have your parents leave and feel alone. I'm sure you are doing a great job and will manage although I have no doubt it's tough. My DH returns to work on Sunday, that will test me.

MCB - it's exciting when you can feel bubs. I didn't feel proper kicks until I was about 19-20 weeks. Good luck for your scan next week and fingers crossed you get the job.

Channy - I think it's only natural for some anxiety to creep in. I hope your weekend away is able to occupy your mind. I wish you all the best for your scan next week.

FTM - yay for longer stretches of sleep, I bet it makes a world of difference. Vale is so cute. Wow 8 weeks already!

Pony - all the best for your scan next week. Telling everyone will be exciting! Don't feel bad for feeling great, you're one of the lucky ones.

I think that is all I can remember for now...

AFM - we are going well. Ava is gaining weight and sleeping. Breast feeding is still a challenge at times as I have cracked nipples and it is rather painful. I feel like I take 2 steps forward, then 3 steps back with it but I am persisting with it. I am surprised at just how busy we are with Ava and how much our day revolves around her. We wouldn't have it any other way though. DH has been a tremendous support to me. I did get the baby blues but have had a tear free day today... so far.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly, I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and having a girl.

Maybee, I'm glad your blues have gone away and you're persevering with the feeding. I hope it gets easier for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ava aged 1 week on a family walk. She loves the pram
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373533232.371478.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Maybee. Ava is beautiful!

Lil smurfy - Congratulations! Do you have a name picked out for her? Are you glad to be having a winter baby? I'm from the UK, and even I don't fancy walking around heavily pregnant in the summer and it rarely even gets hot here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee, she's gorgeous.

Kelly, yep we've decided on her name. I'm so glad I'm having a winter baby. I'm getting so warm now, I'd hate to think how hot I'd be if it was summer. I don't think the night feeds are going to be very good though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kelly- welcome and congratulations! Where abouts in the UK are you from? I moved to Oz from Reading nearly two years ago but grew up in London.

Can’t say I had many AF type cramps in the beginning but know loads of people do!

Lil Smurfy- I hear you about the night feeds in winter. I am not looking forward to that as Canberra is COLD! If I was still back home it’d be summer but instead this is my 2nd winter baby and I remember how cold I was backhome in the UK in November…..it was snowing and I was up in the night feeding!

Glad your hypnobirthing practice is going well. I’m going a bit more now I’m one maternity leave but starting to get over itreally….after doing it so long I’m kinda sick of it now! Know it’ll be all good at time and the practice is all to my benefit though.

Maybee- Ava is gorgeous! Sounds like you’re doing great despite the usual hurdles!

MCB- nice looking bump! You’re certainly growing rapidly! I think its lovely. I didn’t get that size for a long time.

FTM- Valentina looks very alert in that pic! Glad she’s sleeping well. 5 hrs is great!

MrsLA- I was going to use my maiden name as a middle name for DS but didn’t in the end. Think it’s a good idea though particularly if it goes well with the other names! We have about 3 names picked out but DH won’t decide until bub is here and we see what feels right. This is fine- but I feel quite unprepared at the same time!

Pinkorblue- nice to hear from you! I hope you doing ok given your loss and really hope you are back here soon.

Hi to everyone else and sorry I can only fit so much in tonight!

AFM- had a busy couple of days doing various jobs at home. Got the wall stickers up in the nursery today and finished packing mine and bub’s hospital bags. Also practiced installing the capsule which also detaches from the base to click onto my pram. Everything is ready now really….just waiting for bub to arrive!

Unfortunately we got a call this afternoon that Toby had been sick at family day care so I had to rush to pick him up. Poor thing wasn’t well at all and spent the rest of the day on the sofa just cuddling with me and watching TV. I only gave him sips of water but he managed to bring that up just before bedtime too! Poor thing is sparked out in bed now and hopefully will be ok in the morning. Just hope we don’t catch it! I’ve been practicing good hand hygiene and only had toast for dinner just in case! I’m very paranoid and phobic when it comes to gastro.
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 11-07-2013 at 20:58.