Closed Thread
Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ques - those of you who expressed and froze colostrum prior to birth (I didnt with DD, couldnt get any) did you end up using it or not?

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MCB - so sorry to hear about you and your sister. I hope you guys can work things out in the future.

LilS - I didn't have any leakage when I was pregnant with DD. But if you're worried just throw some breast pads in your bra because I bet that would be embarassing! Glad everything looked good at your Ob apt!

Looney - hope you're feeling better

MissX - hope your antenatal class was fun!

AFM - I worked this weekend so it was pretty low key. The meds the Ob has given me are working wonders. DH says I look like an entirely different person. So just cruising along at 10w+5d and getting a bit of a tummy. I'm gonna be huge by the end of this. With DD, my bump was so small, you couldn't even tell I was pregnant if my back was to you!

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    21 weeks today! Bub doesn't stop moving, it's nice having the company. He seems to be most active in the morning.

3 weeks until my scan to check my placenta. My BP is still normal so hoping it stays that way

Hope everyone is going really well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Squiggs, that's great the mess are working and you are feeling better.

Rainbow, yay for 21 weeks. What are they checking your placenta for?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (10-07-2013)

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Blood flow, because of my increased PE risk. If this scan is all good then no more for me! Except we will prob do a private scan at 30 weeks and take our parents to see bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Question bond - I'm not going to express until 36 weeks anyway, but how do you get it into the syringe?! When it comes out it comes out in loads of little droplets, how do you collect them all?
    Yeah, it comes out in droplets but i just suck them straight up off my nipple into the syringe. Works well for me and I am filling the syringes after 10 mins each side. Closer to due date I will begin to use my pump. I don't find it hard at all to get the droplets into the syringe, as the suction picks it all up nicely, but see what works best for you I guess when the time comes!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Ques - those of you who expressed and froze colostrum prior to birth (I didnt with DD, couldnt get any) did you end up using it or not?
    This is what I am wondering about, as I am going to have so much frozen plus what my body produces fresh after birth. But the whole point of hand expressing for me is as a means to encourage natural labour. Giving it to bub is just a bonus! I guess if i am ill or have problems after birth it will be useful to have the colostrum as a back up.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've heard the expressed colostrum can be good after birth (if you've had gd) if the baby's blood sugar is low. I guess you've just got to remember to take it with you.

Bond, how is your maternity leave going? Not long til your mum gets there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi looney, crafts are going well! Just need to buy more frames and buttons and then going to start selling them and make a Facebook page to sell them too! Getting there slowly; thanks for asking hope your back isn't too sore! Glad you had a good weekend and saw some movies with the family not long now until you have bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi smurfy! Yeah so far maternity leave has been busy. Took Toby to a play centre yesterday, which is always exhausting, and today been running lots of errands and doing housework! I didn't sleep well last night which, as you know, leaves you feeling crap the next day. Hoping for a better night tonight as gotta take car to be serviced first thing tomorrow then loads of shopping to do! I think I'll try to sleep in and have a quieter day on Thursday. And yes only a week and a half until mum is here, can't wait!

Bad news is one of our cars was vandalised overnight. Totally smashed up. We're hoping it'll be written off as it was up for sale anyway. Might know by end of tomorrow, fingers crossed!

How's the hypnobirthing practice going?