Closed Thread
Page 25 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MCB, that's a shame you don't get along with your sister's partner. My oldest brother and I haven't spoken to each other in over a year. He doesn't talk to any of the family. It's sad, but I'm hoping one day he'll get himself together and want contact again.

I am adamant that I just want hubby and I in the delivery room. It was just the two of us when we made her, and I think it's a special moment for both of us. We will let my mum know when we're going to hospital, then phones will be away until after the birth. I also don't want people waiting at the hospital for her to be born. When she's born, I want to be able to have bonding time, just the three of us, without feeling guilty about people waiting.

Bond, I hope you've grown next week when you get checked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I am pretty stoked with the little man. I am just on my phone so I can't go back to read much but just wanted to say a big congrats to all the new arrivals!
    As for having visitors in hospital I say use their policy in your favour, on paper generally they wont let many people in and can keep things brief if you ask them too.
    I just want to say again how lovely this thread is and supportive, you are all such caring women, I really like reading along and following your stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond - I know how scary that can be, we found growth issues at 34 weeks but rest assured even if bubs is a little behind I am sure they will keep a close eye on you and everything will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats swizzly and nila on the births of your little ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Swizzly on the safe arrival of Atticus. All the very best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Swizzly. I agree this is a really supportive thread. I do wonder if my fundal height is a bit small as bub is lying curled around with legs to one side rather than up the top which could be affecting the size of my bump. Will try not to worry.

Re. family in delivery room or waiting at hospital- luckily my mum said she never really wanted to be there at the birth, even though she was so excited and got to the hospital as soon as she was allowed to. So we avoided any conflict! My son was born at 6am and our mums had to wait til 2pm visiting hours. which was fine as i had a c section and needed to recover. Luckily both mum and MIL are in no way pushy and were happy to wait. This time mum will bring my son to see us as soon as we are ready. I will want to be recovered enough to introduce him to bub properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond Girl: I hope bub has grown by next week. Hope DS goes to sleep nicely for you tonight. Feel better soon.

Michelle: With visiting in hospital ask the midwives to prevent visitors coming in if needed. They would tell people they are not allowed to visit at my hospital if needed. But in the 6 days I only had 2 visitors other than DP and mum. Same as in the delivery room, make it clear when you do your birth plan that you just want DF and let the midwives run defence for you

Rainbow and Smurfy: I freaked out about having baby too but the midwives were really helpful. I hope you both have great support in the hospital, make sure you stay as long as you need even though going home is awesome.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off to lactation consultant in the morning. Hope it helps with feeding River.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck Toni. I hope the lactation consultant can help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone heard from ftm? She seems to have dropped off. Ftm if you are reading along hope all is okay with you and vale