Closed Thread
Page 24 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Ooh hope I get to bring another girl into this thread but I would also love a boy; they love their mummies so much if I have a girl she'll be a total daddy's girl!

Hahaha yes keeping your son alive would be good! Such a daunting experience but I'm sure you and your DP will sort it out Rainbow

I'm worried about everyone in my family will put their 2 cents in and not let me and DF just figure it out by ourselves... I know my mum will be so overbearing! And I'm the same as lil petal... I don't want any visitors for a couple of days and I don't want anyone coming to the hospital! My mum is already trying to be there in the delivery room and DF is so against it; ahh there is going to be arguments.
    You'd mentioned that ur having family issues. Just be strong in what u want Hun, you are the parent so what you say goes.

My mum wants to b in the delivery room but I hav said a definite no and she will respect my wishes. I want a water birth so don't want loads of ppl there when I'm in that situation. I don't mind my mum putting her 20 cents worth in when bub is born as my mum has worked in family day care for 20yrs and does courses all the time so I trust what she has to say, but wouldn't like being told I'm doing things wrong. It's part of the fun to figure it all out.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Haha rainbow don't you work with babies?
    Yes but I give them back at the end of the day! Haha!

I'm sure We'll be fine. We will find our groove!!!

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Toni - yay for going home. I hope your first night went well.

Nila - how exciting to meet your twins!! They are adorable!!

MissF - I had a scan at 32 weeks and that's when they said how big DD would be. They were spot on.

MCB - I hope being without DF isn't too terrible. Only a few more days!

Maybe - I hope the S&s works for you!

J - I'm glad you and the kids are ok. I'm sure hubby meant well but, I agree, he should have asked.

LilP - I had a no visitors policy for the first few days. I'm glad I did because We really needed that time to recover and bond.

Rainbow - you're too funny! Amazingly enough, when they're born, you just somehow know what to do.

I don't have Internet at the moment because they cut through the lines at some construction site 3 towns away. Bummer too because I really want to shop online at the toy sales. I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Things are just ticking along at my end. I've had a few good days where I almost feel normal. Even DH is amazed at the difference a few days makes. I'm hoping it stays away for good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Yes but I give them back at the end of the day! Haha!

I'm sure We'll be fine. We will find our groove!!!
    I was thinking this the other day and this is baby #3 for us. Ds is 5years old so just thinking a lot has changed since then.I'm sure you and your dp will work everything out but what your feeling is normal (well only if I'm normal lol)

I also work with babies and understand the feeling of giving them back and ultimately we do what the parents want even if we disagree on certain things.
    My boss was saying its coz we put extra pressure on ourselves coz we do work with kids that some how we should be super women.
    Another one of the staff has her second baby and is having sever postnatal depression and is only now getting help 6months later coz she just kept saying I work in child care I should know what I'm doing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm had my midwife appointment and only measuring 31cm at 34 weeks. Same as last appointment. So she's coming to see me at home next Thursday to do another measurement. If no growth will go for a scan. She said it might just have reached a plateau then will go up again soon. I hope so!

Also feeling rather off colour and worried I'm coming down with something. DH off out to watch state of origin so I am putting DS to bed. Not great timing!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy- I am being very firm on boundaries, my mum just doesn't listen! I have been having issues with family of late: mainly my sister... We aren't talking anymore (don't get along with her partner, he is a very horrible moody controlling douche bag) and he hates that I'm pregnant because he is worried my sister wants kids and he doesn't want any because in his words 'hates them' ,.. it's a long story but that's the gist.

im worried about everyone showing up at the hospital when DF and I are trying to get used to a baby and feeding and everything... Last thing I want to worry about is visitors. I've made sure DF let's everyone know once bub is born (not during) and to come by once we are released. Hopefully they will listen! Otherwise it's mean mummy

hope the baby has just reached a plateau and everything is okay Bond hope you feel better soon!

bummer about the Internet Squiggs how annoying! Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Family wars can be hard, Hp u work things out with ur sister, my heart would break into a million pieces if I had to stop talking to mine (she is 14 today). If everything goes to plan I will only b in hospital for 24hrs and then I will have a midwife visit me at home twice a wk for 6 wks to help, so DH can make visitors book an appointment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Nila & Sqzzle on the births of your babies...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Family wars can be hard, Hp u work things out with ur sister, my heart would break into a million pieces if I had to stop talking to mine (she is 14 today). If everything goes to plan I will only b in hospital for 24hrs and then I will have a midwife visit me at home twice a wk for 6 wks to help, so DH can make visitors book an appointment
    We are 3 years apart and we were so close growing up! Inseparable... Then she started dating this guy and now hardly talk or see each other... But nope, not a big deal really you get used to it.
    happy birthday to your sister!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I've just realised I'm having a baby and I'm totally freaking out, lol. I don't know what I'm meant to do with it!
    I'm slightly freaked about how I'm going to look after a baby. I have no idea what I'm doing. And to think in a month, my bub should be here. I'm sure we'll figure it out, and I'm excited by the prospect of having my baby in my arms