+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How did your Mother deal with you getting your period for the very first time...

As title says......
    What did she do....
    What did she say...

My Mother handed me a pkt of pads and told me not to let a boy put his thing down their...
    Kept me home from school because I woke up in a panic with blood everywhere not knowing what happened or what I did. I thought that I cut myself while I was asleep....
    Never knew about the birds and the bees and I was in grade 4.
    Then she left me at home to go and consult the Dr as to what was wrong with me and why I got my periods so young....

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum told me about pads and tampons, explained why she chose tampons. Then took me out for lunch and to get my ears pierced to celebrate lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Jarylee  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She didn't really - I already knew what was going on and what to do, and was way too embarrassed to talk about it, so apart from letting her know, that was really it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was living with Dad at the time so rang up mum when I was about 12 and asked her to send me a packet of pads. So she did. When the time came I just used those and when they finished I just put a packet of pads in the trolley when we went shopping while dad just pretended not to notice

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

fairyflossy  (21-06-2013),NewMrs  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Mum died about 6 weeks before I got my first period. My dad was very very awkward about it and always made a point to go down the sanitary products aisle when we went food shopping and would sort of mumble "do you..um..need any of this?" Makes me laugh now, how much he clearly did not enjoy those conversations!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (21-06-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I walked in on my mum in the toilet when I was four. She explained everything to me and bought me "Where Did I Come From?". Over the years she explained in greater detail, and when I started to get discharge she let me know my period would come soon.

When it came at 10 1/2 she congratulated me, taught me the necessities, gave me the day off school, and set me up on the couch with a hot water bottle. I watched Animal Farm. It was a good day

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

fairyflossy  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    It was Melbourne Cup and Mum had had a boozy lunch at home with friends. She announced it to all of them then gave me some pads lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 10 and didn't notice (it started lightly). Mum said I was bleeding, becoming a woman to be able to have babies. She then bought me some horrible thick surfboards which I didn't always wear cause they were so uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew all about it, was super annoyed that it happened at the beach and I had to go home.

Mum made a big fuss about congratulating me, the next day she got me a card, bunch of flowers and a cd I had wanted. Was pretty nice to be made to feel special in entering a crappy new chapter of womanhood

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My mum took me to the Dr as she didn't think I should have them at 9 years old.
    The Dr explained a lot, as did Mum, but I already knew a lot from school..

...Then I was handed a packet of PILLOWS! Man they were uncomfy!