+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Costco?????

Is anyone here a member? Are they really worth the $60 per year they charge? I'm really curious about them :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a membership, we live in the US. We buy diapers and wipes there - Huggies diapers work out to 8c each, 1200 huggies wipes for $20, we won't be renewing it though and will be using MCNs instead.
    It is good for cleaning supplies, toilet paper etc. They also have kitchen things and clothes that are heavily reduced.
    I doubt that things will be as cheap in Aus, nothing ever is, maybe check prices online and do a comparison?
    Food is all processed, packaged, chemical filled rubbish so we never buy any of that.
    I would say it could be worth it if the prices are indeed heavily discounted and you can split it with a family member or friend, we will use a friends membership when we need to stock up on things once our membership expires - it isn't often though we need to go though.
    Oh and you will need storage as everything is huge!
    Last edited by michellead; 21-06-2013 at 19:48. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the one thing I wanted to know about pricing and quality was the nappies and wipes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I was a member, but found that it was not worth the $60 for me as I didn't go often enough. If you think about it, you pay 60 bucks. How much would you have to buy to save that $60 all up? If you think you will buy enough, than maybe its worth it, but Each time I would go, I would spend about $150 and probably only saved around $15 each time I went. (and I only went twice a year)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else had any experiences with Costco?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't use it much. Found the huggies could be cheaper on sale at woolies but it is a bigger box at Costco.
    Fresh fruit and veg is cheaper elsewhere but bulk rice, cous cous and things like that is fairly cheap. I got my razors there for about half what I pay normally. It can be good as long as you don't get caught up in the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a membership and it is definitely worth it for us. you need to know your normal supermarket prices before you go because some things are the same price but things like toilet paper, cleaning products, party supplies etc I find are cheaper and offer value for money.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a membership & saved $60 on our first visit. We buy meat, baby products and toiletries and a few odd things here and there. You can find some awesome bargains on loads of things and I also love the taste testing they have on nearly every isle.