+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The creche at my gym would not take bubs til he was 8 weeks old ( but I didn't put him in til after his first immunisation which was at 9 weeks), so I walked for exercise.

I think walking is fantastic exercise, you can go on a few shorter trips, or a long walk, and if you push a pram it's even better for you. You can do it with friends, or with an ipod. You can go as fast or as slow as you like and you can include some hills for a challenge. The only problem is rain, but other than that, I think walking is the perfect exercise. Although, as I said in a previous post, I believe the key to weight loss is your eating plan, not exercise (although exercise helps).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

mummyrissa  (27-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is my problem Tebe we have had so much rain here that the grass is too flooded and it is always pouring, so I need something else to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 4 - successful
    Breakfast: porridge(tiny bit of honey)
    Lunch: 2 chicken ricepaper rolls
    Dinner: pork sausage and bean bake ( weight watchers recipe with heaps of vegies in a tomato based sauce).

I have drank lots of water and been on 2 short walks.

Hope you have all had a great day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyrissa For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (29-06-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    Just wondering those of you that aren't going to a gym (like me can't afford it at the moment) what are you doing as exercise other then walking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    That is my problem Tebe we have had so much rain here that the grass is too flooded and it is always pouring, so I need something else to do.
    I'm the same Kimnus, I'd love to join the gym though.Since the weather started cooling down, I needed another form of exercise besides walking with the pram, which is my main source of exercise, so I bought a step stool to do step ups. Also bought a skipping rope but I've only used it a few times, I keep whipping myself with it (lol.. out of practice)! I use a dumb bell for bicep curls, too. I have an exercise bike, but it's so hard to use, it's made to feel like your pedalling uphill and it wrecks me, I really avoid using it as it's just insanely painful, no matter how fit I get, I struggle doing 10 minutes on it.Day 4:Breakfast- fatblaster shakeLunch- 2 rice cakes with a poached egg and tomato, cup of coffeeAfternoon- small bowl green soup, fatblaster shakeDinner- picked at the kids dinners while I cooked for them, no actual dinner as I wasn't hungry, so ended up being less than half a cup of baked beans, and a few spoonfuls spaghetti bol made with wholemeal pasta and extra lean beef mince.edit: don't know why but with this post I can't add paragraphs! How annoying to read!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 27-06-2013 at 21:02.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay BH finally seems to be working! Just a quick post, did my weigh in this morning - 80.1! So 1.6kgs down from Monday not really a true representation though because TMI but I was a bit constipated on Monday but that problem is fixed lol. I'm sure next weeks loss won't be as big due to all the food ill be eating this weekend!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Glamazon For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter had a bad reflux day today so I am currently having some wine. Tomorrow will be a better day and I will eat better as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (29-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimnus, hope you enjoyed your wine. Sounds great. Hope your DD's reflux is okay too:-) Things have gone pear shaped here- DD sick with a bad cold and sore throat so she is off her food and milk... up 6 times last night crying, and I am so ill with a cold too. Just awful. Razor throat and full head and body aches. I am on day 3 of throat gargles, Sudafed and cold and flu tablets. Just awful... Let me say it once more... Just awful. DH is carrying the burden. Plus it's raining and the boys are already getting cabin fever and it is only 8am! So, no exercise for me really for the whole of this week. I just want to curl up in a ball. Not an option though lol. Have a great weekend, girls, you are all going so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Glamazon!! Enjoy your weekend

Kimnus - I think you asked a few posts back about exercise. All the weight I lost last challenge was pretty well through controlling eating. I've tried to get back into walking this time, but still finding it difficult to get out with 2 littlies. I've also been doing a bit of strength training - just basic squats, push-ups, sit-ups etc. I have a heap of yoga DVD's I want to get back into, but never get an hour to myself during the day!

littleriv - love the dress for the party! You have done so so well the last 6 weeks, I don't think a few events and treat days are going to put a ding in your progress! ETA: just saw your last post - oh no! I hope you're feeling better soon

Not going to be a great week for me I don't think. I'm a daily weigher too and still sitting at same weight as I was at the start of the week. I've been having a hot chocolate at night before bed because it's been so cold and dreary, so will probably have to cut them out now! Anyway, if I stay on track this weekend I might just maintain which will be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too decemberbubba- I am still sitting at the same weight. I did have a few weeks in the last round where I lost very little or no weight, even when I am being good with food. And then other weeks, I lost over a kg! It can be so random.

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning ladies how are you all?

I have been having a fantastic week so far. Have really found my focus (finally) and my mantra at the moment is "nothing worth having comes easy" and this is really working for me especially pushing through my workouts.
    I went for an hour walk on Thursday and did a full work out yesterday. I am finding walking 1 day and doing a workout the next is really working for me as it gives my body a days rest from a workout and the walking helps stretch me out abit so I will stick with this if I can. It's pretty crapy weather here today so not sure if ill get out for a walk but dont know if i have it in me to walk for an hour on the treadmill.
    Food wise im right on track so hopefully ill see a loss come monday but I wont be to fazed if I dont, as long as I get a good loss the following week.

littleriv - I LOVE that dress and can totally see it with accessories. Would love to see pics of you all dressed up and looking fab.
    I think food wise because you have been doing so well so far the past 6 weeks you deserve to have a bit of a break and enjoy some treats .
    I'm sorry to hear you and your dd are sick though it totally sucks when your both sick and you just have to keep trucking on.

Kimnus - I hope you enjoyed the wine and I hope your dd reflux is a bit better today.

Glamazon - thats an awesome loss enjoy your weekend.

decemberbubba - the scales can be a bit funny like that, no loss one week even though you've been good and then a huge loss the next week doing the exact same thing. I figure some times the weight loss just takes a lil bit longer to show up on the scales.
    I've also been having a hot choc at night, it's my treat to myself if I've been good food wise and done my exercise. I hope it's not doing to much damage . I am going to go and get some of the new aldi light choc pods though so it hopefully wont be as naughty.

Exercise wise ladies you really don't need a gym. To start with you could just be doing some strength work with no weights i.e squats, lunges, sit ups, push ups etc. All of that will get your heart rate up. You tube Michelle bridges and you'll get some decent ideas. Then if you can afford it maybe get some free weights and add them in. You tube is definitely your friend for finding work out ideas that don't involve a gym.

looks like everyone else is doing really well keep it up cause I know the weekend can be the hardest part of the week.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (29-06-2013)