Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, nice to see you call.
    I just graduated from Round 1 and am ready for Round 2:
    Stats:
    My weight in Feb: 69.5kg
    My weight 6 weeks ago before Round 1: 65.5kg
    My weight now: 59.4kg
    Goal weight: 57.5kg (although I think I was about 56.5 when I got married so we'll see- I haven't been that weight for so long I have forgotten what it feels like).

I love cooking on weekends, so I made up lots of meals in bulk on the weekend: green chicken curries with zuchini and bamboo, red chicken curries with zuchini and spring onions, beef curry in the slow cooker, lentils (hmmmm... lots of curries this week). I plan to enjoy them at dinner time with my DH- I'll skip on the rice or noodles for now, but always have mini papadums and yoghurt and coriander.

I need to make a batch of green soup to eat for lunches.

Brekky for me is usually a couple of coffees and yoghurt with LSA or fibre on top.

My exercise today was walking around IKEA.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Start weight: 82kg
    Ultimate goal weight: 60-65kg
    Goal weight for this challenge: 77kg

My aim is to implement healthy eating strategies and to motivate myself to do some exercise.

At this stage I have started having wraps for lunch and fruit and parking at but further away from work and walking the rest of the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well first day has started well as they usually do, let's hope I can keep it up. I did 50 mins of cardio this morning and I have actually decided to give intermittent fasting a go (the 5:2 plan). So today is a 'fast' day where I eat 500 cals. Basically 5 days a week you eat normally, and 2 days a week you restrict calories to 500. I'll give it a go at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Colbie I have thought about doing that eating plan, will be really interested to see how you go, good luck.

I have started day 1 of the 6 week challenge by walking to the gym, doing an hour of cardio and weights and then walking home. It's about a 20 minute walk, pushing two kids in a pram so it should help with the calorie burning.

I am eating very low carb and have so far stuck to it on day 1.

Off to the dentist this afternoon, yuk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

Okay here goes,
    Overall goal: lose 10kg
    6 week challenge goal: lose 3-4kg
    Aim: to be back to pre-baby weight by the end of the 6 weeks. I still have another 7kg after that to be in the middle of my healthy bmi and back to what I was 3 years ago.

Plan: walk every day for 30 minutes building up to hour walks again over the 6 weeks Eat more fruit and veg, reduce sugar and try to get back to cleaner eating.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Day 1:

Breakfast- fatblaster shake
    Morning snack- ^ same
    Lunch- roast chicken salad with cucumber, tomato and capsicum
    and 1 cup-a-soup
    Arvo snack- fatblaster shake
    Dinner- green soup (made with broccoli, spring onion, garlic, spinach, zuchini, veg stock, yellow squash served with fresh coriander, mint and yoghurt- thanking littleriv or this amazing recipe!).

How were everyone elses days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I got through the first fast day and have just finished my allowed calories by demolishing a Thai green curry made with light coconut milk, green curry paste and LOADS of veggies. It was so good.

The good thing about this plan is knowing I can eat normally tomorrow so it's not too hard (so far!). Looking forward to my porridge in the morning

Hope everyone else is going well!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    So I got through the first fast day and have just finished my allowed calories by demolishing a Thai green curry made with light coconut milk, green curry paste and LOADS of veggies. It was so good.

The good thing about this plan is knowing I can eat normally tomorrow so it's not too hard (so far!). Looking forward to my porridge in the morning

Hope everyone else is going well!
    That sounds interesting Colbie- I'd like to know more about what you are allowed to eat on the fast days- I picked up a book in the shop the other day about fasting diets and thought it was great!
    Can you give me an example of what you can eat? Breakfasts, lunches etc.. and when you say that you can eat normally tomorrow, is it still supposed to be healthy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Colbie how many calories are you allowed on a normal day?
    I eat rather low calorie anyway but the 5:2 plan sounds good. I pretty much eat the same thing everyday
    Breakfast - small bowl of porridge with skim milk.
    Lunch - 3 cruskits with avocado and tomato and lots of pepper! This is one of my fave foods so doesn't feel like a diet!
    Dinner - 1 scrambled egg with baked beans and tomato.
    Snacks are fruit or carrot sticks, sometimes a boiled egg.

I bought myself a special treat for dessert tonight, it was a small chocolate thing and I did a quick glance at the calories and thought yep that sounds good! Got home and read it properly and this small little chocolate was actually 5 servings! It was tiny! So I ate half of it with some strawberries and put the rest away. Before this diet I would eat a whole block in one go so it felt weird that this chocolate was so many servings!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    That sounds interesting Colbie- I'd like to know more about what you are allowed to eat on the fast days- I picked up a book in the shop the other day about fasting diets and thought it was great!
    Can you give me an example of what you can eat? Breakfasts, lunches etc.. and when you say that you can eat normally tomorrow, is it still supposed to be healthy?
    Tbh I'm no expert, I haven't read the book or anything and I only started today. I did lots of googling of reviews etc and also went on the fast diet website. So the general gist is that for 5 days you eat normally, yes it is supposed to be healthy but treats are okay in moderation, I think an approximate of 2000 cals a day for women. So you'd want the majority to be healthy nutritious food. Tbh I eat really healthy with the occasional treat but my problem is probably more to do with portion sizes so that's why I'm thinking this might work for me. It's obviously not going to work if you blow our completely for five days on junk food (damn! hehe). Anyway so on the two fast days you eat 500 cals, it's up to you how and what but its suggested to have a small breakfast and small dinner and to limit carb consumption. So for example two boiled eggs and one piece of wholemeal toast for breakfast and a small piece of fish and lots of veg for dinner. Check out the website, the proper 5:2 one by Michael Mosley, it has lots of info. I read some really good reviews on amazon too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-06-2013)