+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi LittleChimp, keep at it!! We all have bumps in the road. Well done on resisting that icecream. Bubbles21, enjoy your holidays!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A fairly typical day for me food-wise. Brekky: black coffee, yoghurt with chopped fruit and LSA. Morning tea: a couple of home made cookies. Lunch: cruskit with cheese, chili chutney and a salad of rocket and some olives thrown in. Afternoon tea: can of diet coke, a mandarin and a biscuit. Dinner: thai pork curry with zucchini, coriander, water chestnuts (just because I had a tin in the cupboard, mushrooms. I am still eating out of a small bowl for dinner- I think this has worked well for smaller portions . And a glass of red wine once the kids are in bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A typical food day for me is:
    Breakfast - sultana bran with skim milk or a protein smoothie and a pod coffee with skim milk and 1 sugar
    Lunch - green soup and a boiled egg or grilled chicken strips
    Dinner - something along the lines of beef stirfry with half a cup of white rice.
    If I feel like something sweet I will have a pod hot chocolate or 20g of 85% chocolate. And any other snack will be vege sticks or a handful of nuts. I also make sure to have 2 litres or more of water as it is vital for weight loss to have enough water plus helps fill you up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ... I am back! Went a bit off track during holidays then getting back into the routine of work. I have a total loss of 2 kilos for this challenge which I'm pretty happy with

Just tried to quickly read over how everyone is going and seems that everyone is doing well
    Question: what is green soup? And why does everyone eat it? Am I missing something??? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was just about to pour myself a glass of wine but decided to check nutritional information first. One 250 ml glass has over 200 calories and 6g of carbs. Might give it a miss

Why is all the tasty stuff so bad???

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (26-07-2013),mummyrissa  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummyrissa, green soup is something I came up with after googling soup ideas. I make a big batch of it, using mainly green veg, non-carby veg only, and portion it up and freeze it. It has hardly any calories, tastes amazing, and is simply full of goodness. It really helped me lose weight. You can put yoghurt, or fresh herbs on top.
    Recipe:
    In a few drops of olive oil, i slow heated some chopped spring onions and 2 cloves of garlic, then threw in a bunch of chopped brocoli, chopped zuchini, chopped yellow squash, chopped coriander, a whole bag of baby spinach leaves, rocket, 4 cups of water (with a vegetable jelly stock), cooked for 15 mins til soft then blitzed it with stick blender)- it is super green and tastes great. I love soup! Jazz it up with some chopped mint and a dollop of natural yoghurt.[/QUOTE]

This is how I make green soup (but the veges change from week to week, depending on what I have left in the fridge, kale or cauliflower would be good too). Coriander is a winner, and I add stock for a bit of salt. I think there is only about 50 cal per cup (without the yoghurt).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies! Seems like everyone is going pretty well this week. I've had a good week - not as much exercise as I would have liked - only 1 walk on the treadmill so far, but will try to fit an hour in today and tomorrow.

bubbles21 - hope you're enjoying your holidays!

mummyrissa - well done on a 2kg loss so far! littleriv got some of us from round 1 onto her green soup and it is delicious! I have it for lunch most days, and it's really good because it uses up my green veg at the end of the week that would otherwise probably end up getting thrown out.

TeBe - I had no idea a glass of wine had so many cals! I've been having a glass the last couple of nights after some rough days with a teething toddler - will have to cut that out me thinks

Hope everyone has a good weeked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decemberbubba, sounds like you are having a good week. mummrissa, 2kgs down woohoo. An okay week for me so far, and now in a baking frenzy for 1st birthday on the weekend. Hope I did enough early on in the week to show a loss on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't weighed myself for a week, I'm too scared. I have had an up and down week. I was going well until Thursday when some girlfriends of mine visited and brought a home made coconut cake. It was delicious and I had a few pieces. I eventually threw it in the bin the next day because it was huge and I didn't want to eat the whole thing.

I like the sound of the green soup, thinking I might make up a batch tomorrow, would be great to have in the freezer.

Today we booked a holiday to Malaysia and I have just realised it is only 6 weeks away. We are going with friends and the thought of being in bikinis around them is frightening. Perhaps it will be good motivation to stop me snacking on chocolate.

Today I ate
    2 eggs
    Banana
    Sushi for lunch
    Sushi for dinner
    Protein bar
    Coffee

I'm a bit hungry but trying not to snack, might go make a cup of tea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    Morning ladies! Seems like everyone is going pretty well this week. I've had a good week - not as much exercise as I would have liked - only 1 walk on the treadmill so far, but will try to fit an hour in today and tomorrow.

TeBe - I had no idea a glass of wine had so many cals! I've been having a glass the last couple of nights after some rough days with a teething toddler - will have to cut that out me thinks

Hope everyone has a good weeked!
    December, I think cutting out alcohol completely would be great for weight loss, but I can't seem to stay away from the red wine!