+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel like I only have to look at a cheeseburger and I gain a kilo
    The first 3 days of last week were excellent- my food was perfect and I was walking for an hour every day. I felt great, light and motivated. Then I got lazy, missed a couple of days of walking and thought, meh, I'll start again after the weekend.. that's my downfall. Straight away I got fat and blaoted (it felt like it, anyway) and the scales are going up 2-3 kilos one day, down 1 the next- I have no idea where I'm at to be honest. I really, reallllly need a proper digital scale, I keep forgetting to buy one! I'm sure it will be more accurate than what I have now.
    On the positive side, I know that if I eat "normally" or induge a little I bloat really easily and the scales show a higher weight for a day or two, but then when I get ack on track my weight almost instantly goes down.. maybe I just retain when I eat carbs? Which I why I say I only have to look at junk food to get fat
    I'm still weighing roughly 3 kilos less than I did before this challenge, so it's not a total loss. I also bought a new supply of shakes to get me back on the wagon.
    Having said all that, I am my own worst critic and I tend to sook and get cross at myself when I have a small blow out, so I need to try and remain postive- I magnify every mistake and it's just me being negative- no, I haven't been perfect but oh well. Plus I'm sick! I have a terrible flu and it's got me down in the dumps.
    Today I've had- an egg and bacon roll from Subway (naughty!) and almost 2 litres of Lipton ice tea (light, only 2 cals per serve) because I need to keep my fluids up and just feel so thirsty. Dinner will be green soup.

This sunday is DD's first birthday and we're having a party so I know that'll be a write off for me food wise- But I aim to stay on track for the other 6 days, got my shakes and lots of healthy snacks

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Well done everyone, you all put me to shame!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Marigold, sorry to hear you have the flu... I hope you are back to feeling well before your DD's birthday on Sunday. You're 3 kgs down this challenge- that is something to be proud of. My DD is turning 1 year old in Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is everyone having for breakfast? I have been having scrambled eggs every day, but I am getting bored, I need some inspiration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jb23 View Post
    I am looking forwar to hearing everyones weigh ins tomorrow. So far it sounds like everyone is having a decent week.
    TeBe nice job on fitting into the skinny jeans! That's always a good feeling
    Thanks jb, hope you are having a good week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    What is everyone having for breakfast? I have been having scrambled eggs every day, but I am getting bored, I need some inspiration.
    Hi TeBe, I have scrambled eggs too and put lemon zest, chopped mint, cumin seeds and chopped coriander on top, and sometimes some serena tuna as well. Yum. As an alternative, I have yoghurt with fresh passionfruit or a chopped up mandarin and LSA or fibre sprinkled on top. Any one else got some ideas??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done everyone on the losses and maintaining weight.

I had a shocking weekend. I just wanted to eat and eat (which is what i did) and i was craving sugar. Really wanted to go buy some icecream yesterday but thankfully i resisted that but ate a whole packet of anzac biscuits instead. I did go for a walk yesterday too. I still can't stop eating today. I feel so bloated and frumpy.

I was scared to weigh in this morning and rightfully so. I gained a kilo so i was 91.6kg. So disappointing. I think af is on her way and i'm hoping that is the reason for the craziness. Will try really hard to get back on the wagon tomorrow. :-(

Keep up the good work everyone. Only 2wks left. Although i'm going to keep going as i want to lose as much as i can until i get pregnant. Is anyone else going to continue?

Sorry for the long post. Have a good night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi TeBe, I have scrambled eggs too and put lemon zest, chopped mint, cumin seeds and chopped coriander on top, and sometimes some serena tuna as well. Yum. As an alternative, I have yoghurt with fresh passionfruit or a chopped up mandarin and LSA or fibre sprinkled on top. Any one else got some ideas??
    Im not a big fan of tuna, but I love smoked salmon. Thanks littleriv you have inspired me to add some smoked salmon to my scrambled eggs, yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 2 weeks left, wow that has gone so fast. I would love to be at 58kg in the next 2 weeks but I don't think I can lose 1.8kg that fast. 58kg is my mini goal, then I am going to continue on until I get to 55kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marigold - it sounds like maybe you do retain a bit of water or something when you eat carby foods? I'm a bit the same - if I eat anything too carb heavy or salty my weight goes up very quickly, but then a couple of days of eating well again and it goes back down. You're doing really well - keep at it!!

LittleChimp - I know that feeling all too well, sometimes I am just a bottomless pit. I'm going to try and keep going with the weightloss - still have around 3 very stubborn kg's to go.

I struggle to get a good breakfast in. I'm finding by the time I feed/ change/ dress both kids and have a shower etc it's time to get out the door and I often forget about breaky. For a quick option I just have a protein shake, if I have a bit more time I'll make a smoothie with milk, banana, chia seeds, frozen berries & yoghurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on holidays at the moment so I don't have a scale but I'm sure I've gained weight because I've had a shocking week of eating lots of junk food :/