+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie doing first FET starting next week...any advice??

Hello All! I am new to HubBub and wanted to introduce myself! I start my first FET cycle next week (stop the pill on the 26th of June) and was wondering if you had any advice for me or your journey to share? DP and I have a daughter (turning 4yrs this September) thanks to a successful first IVF attempt in December of 2008. We have 8 frozen embryos and and hoping to do the transfer on the 12th of July (fingers crossed). We are doing a OI cycle using puregon and frozen sperm also. DP is a FIFO worker so not only do we have my medical issues of endo to contend with we have to deal with my partner being in another state 2/3 of the time!
    I found forums like this very useful back when I started IVF so I am looking forwarded to meeting you all. Best of luck with where you are currently in your TTC journey!

Kylie- 36 yrs (endo)
    DP- 38 yrs (healthy)
    Many many IUI attempts for many years
    IVF #1 Dec 2008- 20 eggs, 9 to blasto. 1 implanted and 8 frozen
    DD# 1 Chloe born 08/09/09 a dream come true
    FET#1 planned for end of June 2013....and the journey to bring #2 into the world begins
    Last edited by KylieT; 21-06-2013 at 13:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kylie

sorry i dont have any tips but i didnt want to read and run, im also waiting for my first FET i had first cycle early this month but had to freeze all as i hyperstimulated my hubby also works FIFO so i know what you're talking about being away through this jst make its harder most of the time. But anyway wish you lots of luck with ur transfer, which clinic are you at? i am at fert. north

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheart 334 For This Useful Post:

KylieT  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you it's lovely of you to leave a comment to me (I was beginning to think I had said something wrong....haha) Anyway I just wanted to say a heart felt thankyou
    My dr is on the Sunshine Coast in QLD. I picked up my meds today (puregon) and start injections on the 30th. Sorry to hear that your cycle was postponed! Is this your first attempt? It's certainly hard having a partner who is FIFO! Got to do what you've got to do hey! Take care and thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kylie!

I am not far behind you, I am also doing my first FET cycle. We had our baseline appointment on 6/29/13. My husband & I have been trying to conceive for almost three years & have not had any luck on our own. We started our fertility journey in December, 2012. A failed IUI attempt in January. A miscarriage in April with IVF. I ended up getting OHSS & a whole other list of issues from all of the stim meds and had to wait until this period came to try again. I don't know what protocol you are on, but I find it to be much less intense then our first go at IVF. I am currently taking Estrace tablets once a day until July 3 and then twice a day starting July 4. Then July 8 upping the Estrace to 3 pills, three times a day. Then going for an u/s & blood work on 7/11 hopefully my lining will be thick enough by then & if it is I start on PIO. I ended up having an allergic reaction to the PIO in sesame oil for the first IVF, so this time they gave me PIO in olive oil. The PIO is an injectable, I'm really not looking forward to doing that again, but I know it will be worth it. I am trying not to get excited, but it's kinda hard not to knowing that this could be the time I get pregnant.
    I would love to hear how you're journey is going since we are so close to each other in terms of cycles.

best of luck to you on your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ReganL!
    Wow yes we are very close in our cycles! I Started Puregon injections on the 30th June. Continue it until my scan on the 8th and then we will see where we are at. I'm also doing an ovulation induction cycle at the same time as FET so this is a bit scary! We will only transfer one emie so we are trying to cover our bases. It's such a long journey isn't it! My partner and I did around 4 iui cycles before I decided to have a rest for a few months. I conceived naturally during this time but mc at around 6 weeks. Heart breaking but reassuring that my body knows what to do! We finally did IVF in Dec of 2008 and were so so blessed. It was a rough time I completely understand. Sorry that you've had such a tough journey so far. I honestly used to cry myself to sleep thinking that I was never going to become a mum but it did happen! is this your first? I was diagnosed with endometriosis in oct of 2006 so at least I had an explanation as to why I wasn't conceiving. 12 months of hormonal treatment before my body was ready. A long rough road to travel but well worth it! Are you in the USA?
    I will stay in touch and see how you're going! I'm still in touch with my cycle buddy that I met in 2007. She now has baby #3! I found it so helpful to share the journey with someone who completely understood... Someone to
    vent to who completely gets it so I'm happy to lend a caring supportive ear! I'll check in with you to see how your u/s and bloodwork went on the 11th!
    Take care and best of luck!