+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How early is too early??

We've just moved in to our own house with a big backyard (previously in a townhouse) and of course DD (2.5 yo) wants to be running around outside all the time! But she makes a reasonable amount of noise and I want to be considerate to our neighbours. So how early do you let your kids outside? Does it change depending on week day/weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let mine out as soon as it's warm enough and they've had their shower, gotten dressed ect. Lately that's about 10-11am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS usually heads out about 9 - 10 am. We only have neighbours on one side of us and they have said don't care when he is out there. They mainly live on the other side if their house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my neighbours little girls are outside crack of dawn most days lol i hear them scream and giggle - just playing...i dont mind having to listen to that, it's cute. I do not like it when their mother begins her screaming and swearing at them at the crack of dawn!!!! and that happens 5/7 days. awful. i dont think she realises how loud she is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    During the week anytime after 8 as both my neighbours work and are gone by then. It just works out that he's ready then, he hasn't really wanted out any earlier.

Weekends it's normally closer to 9, but anytime after 8 would be fine as well.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would say 7.30 for a week day and 9 for weekends. Around the time there are other noises starting up in the neighbourhood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds goes out first thing he wakes up when the weather is suitable between 7-9 regardless of weekday/weekend. he doesn't make much noise and when he does it usually in the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I would say 7.30 for a week day and 9 for weekends. Around the time there are other noises starting up in the neighbourhood.
    I agree with fearless leader, or perhaps 8.30 on weekends would be ok. I let mine out earlier if they are up and wanting to play outside, but I don't let them scream and squeal, they have to play in the cubby or quietly in the yard (they are old enough to understand they need to be considerate of the neighbours though!).

Our old neighbours used to let their kids out on their electric scooter things at 5am on weekends right outside our bedroom window - not cool at all