Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure on premmies, but I used SOS with my now almost 3yo & loved it! It was hard at 1st but was worth it! My son is a great sleeper still & is such a happy kid. You'll get negative comments no matter what you choose to do, so just do what suits you & works for your family
    And there is recommended times to leave your baby for, I think it's only 1-2mins at 1st then you go in to settle them & don't leave until they are asleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought premmie babies were meant to be held al ot? One of our relatives had a baby early this year who was born 7 weeks early and they were told to keep him close and give lots of skin to skin contact. Not sure hw long that was emant to be for though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Secret of Cleo...that's my bubbas name

I have no intention of letting my LO cry herself to sleep. All I wanted was some information on self settling and routines. I do NOT believe in controlled crying and will not follow those techniques.

Preemies are just like term babies in most aspects. My LO does like to be held a lot (which I love). But I also feel it is important that she will eventually learn to fall asleep on her own accord.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abubby For This Useful Post:

Thrilledmummy2b  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    How old was your daughter when you started?

I don't agree with letting a 2 week old baby cry themselves to sleep, which is what it says in the book.
    She was 3 weeks and I never let her cry herself to sleep. There's a huge difference between crying and whinging.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Thrilledmummy2b  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People can hate on Tizzie Hall but she saved me a bad case of PND and my sanity

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Abubby  (21-06-2013),safam  (21-06-2013),Thrilledmummy2b  (21-06-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't think anything 'works' on such a young baby. I hear all the time 'my baby is 5 weeks and it really works for us'. Come back and tell me in 6 months how their sleep is- it's completely arbitrary. Newborns can't learn to self settle. If they do all by themselves that's great, keep up with it, but if not just roll with it for a little while. Babies like to keep you on your toes, just when you think you've solved the sleep issues they come back to kick you in the shins. (they'd slap you in the face but babies aren't tall enough) I wouldn't do any sort of 'teaching' at all, until 3 months. And absolutely no CC until 6 months (which despite what she says, is the TH method) its just a waste of time.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

4underfour  (21-06-2013),babyla  (21-06-2013),Bubbles10  (21-06-2013),delirium  (21-06-2013),giggle berry  (21-06-2013),GreenMama  (21-06-2013),IndigoJ  (21-06-2013),Lillynix  (21-06-2013),Mathermy  (21-06-2013),MrsOhara  (21-06-2013),soon2bmumzy  (21-06-2013),Tazzy  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely love SOS.. It really worked for us BUT I wouldn't use it on a young baby.. She's still very young. You can definately have a routine for her, bath, massage, bed etc. but I wouldn't be teaching her how to self settle just yet. She's far too young to understand what's going on. She'll just feel alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Oh and if you hear it "all the time" then surely you might just be wrong that it doesn't "work"
    I think what FL is getting at is that young babies sleep patterns and behaviours are so rapidly changing in the early weeks that it may seem that they are responding to something you have taught them but really they would have done that anyway on their own.

A sleep pattern at that age can be fleeting. Just when you think they are in a routine they grow and develop a bit more and change it all around on you again.

That is why you also hear a lot of talk about sleep regression....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The concept of a newborn baby 'whining' truly makes me want to hurl. Their voice is their only way of communicating their needs to us, how you could think that they have the brain development to 'whinge' in the true sense is beyond me. Is this a Tizzy Hall concept? Methinks our girl Dizzy needs to lay off the crack pipe!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I'm not being smug at all. Im actually really proud of my possum. Don't hate because I have a 5 week old that sleeps. No need for the attitude.
    I doubt anyone is hating.

You should feel proud and pleased and relieved that you have a 5 week old who is sleeping well.

I think all others are suggesting is enjoy it but don't be too shocked if it doesn't last.

I'd say there are many of is out there who have had periods where our babies slept really well and we were high fiving ourselves only to be left scratching our heads soon after when it all turned to cactus again.

Just words of caution from those who have been there. 😉

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (21-06-2013),BlissedOut  (21-06-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (21-06-2013)