+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    I have only ever been in a rbt for 3 min max. It is pull over maybe wait for 2 cars in front. Than a simple when was your last drink. (for me that's over 20 years) Sometimes the ask me to blow other times they let me go through without evening blowing. I have never been asked by a policeman/women to get out of my car. I have been driving for over 24 years.
    Same for me (apart from the 24 years part). Never been asked to show my licence either. If they close off the entire road then there's usually about 10 or so police doing the rbt's so the line moves quickly.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate this too, someone just put one up on Facebook like seriously drunk drivers need to be caught just like people who speed !!!!!

Having a license isn't a right it's a privilege so you abuse it you deserve it taken away from you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

F&A  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't agree more OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4no2 View Post
    I definitely do not promote drink driving (I know of someone who was badly injured by a drink driver and another person killed by a drink driver) but just saying everytime time iv been caught in a rbt it hasn't just been for a few minutes! I check the Facebook page that posts the locations, because I know there are a few regular locations near by and I don't get stuck with DD in the car EVER again!!
    When she was a new born we got caught in one for 1 and a half hours, and recently was stuck again for 45mins! Have also had a random licence check while going through a rbt when DD was 4mo, where we were required to hop out the car while it was randomly searched!
    Well that certainly isn't the norm. A few minutes max anytime I've been though with my husband or with my parents driving. Most times it's just a wave through and not even stopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never been stopped... I have been waved through a couple of times but that's it.

I think these pages should be banned too! It makes me so angry that its helping drink drivers get away with it.

The community page who posted the booze bus location deleted the post last night too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4no2 View Post
    I definitely do not promote drink driving (I know of someone who was badly injured by a drink driver and another person killed by a drink driver) but just saying everytime time iv been caught in a rbt it hasn't just been for a few minutes! I check the Facebook page that posts the locations, because I know there are a few regular locations near by and I don't get stuck with DD in the car EVER again!!
    When she was a new born we got caught in one for 1 and a half hours, and recently was stuck again for 45mins! Have also had a random licence check while going through a rbt when DD was 4mo, where we were required to hop out the car while it was randomly searched!
    Why did it take that long? Did they have to retest after 10 mins?
    I also find it hard to believe your car was 'randomly' searched, as the cops need a good reason to search your car without a warrant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (21-06-2013),soon2bmumzy  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you OP - drink drivers shouldn't be given a 'heads up' regarding RBT locations.

About 4 times a year I'll get pulled over in the same spot on my commute home from work. It only holds me up about 3 minutes.

On one such occasion I saw a car stop and hold up all the traffic to make a u-turn from the left lane (cutting across another lane of traffic) to avoid this RBT spot. Could they be more obvious

I wasn't sure if the police noticed it - I really hope they caught up with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH avoids them purposely... and he doesn't drink ever.

Whenever I'm pulled over it's a 1 minute check, have a good night etc... but for him they make him pull over, check the whole car over (same car), check all the car seat restraints, run checks on him... it can take 30 minutes plus often. It's beyond frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it. Drink drivers deserve to be caught.

My di*khead 17 year old brother got done for drink driving recently (had an accident, that if had been on the corner before he would have went straight down a cliff face). No one in my family feels bad, he will lose his p's for 2idh years and will have to start again on his l's. not to mention huge fines!

2 weeks in and life is bloody hard for him. I'm glad he didn't get let off easily, hoping he learns his lesson + realises how lucky he really was!!
    Last edited by F&A; 21-06-2013 at 13:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think maybe she means they have a huge line up? and it takes time to process everyone.

I went through a huge one on the outside of a small town, had over 20 police funnelling everyone into a rest stop, took over half an hour just waiting for everyone to be breathoed, regos etc, then they let us go and brought the next lot in.