+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow that's very rude!

I've had the comment "you must be having a party" when I wasn't! . No need to comment on my purchases!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How rude! I would never say something like that

I would have turned around and said would you rather I didnt buy anything for my family of 5!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They must have been awfully close to hear the amount - I don't think I've ever heard/noticed the amount of the person in front of me...unless they start opening up their piggy bank and start counting it out ten cent pieces!
    Had a check out lady tell my kids they could have the biscuits I was buying for afternoon tea. Hell no! The kids don't need "sometimes" foods everyday. They were on sale and popped away for a "special" time or treat- she got the kids hopes up all in one statement and now they haven't stopped asking me. I've now quite openly told an old lady in the store that she was being rude and should be ashamed of herself.
    The lady in question in your circumstances didn't have the right to make you feel like that either.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have never & would never comment on how much someone spends on their
    Shopping I don't know how many people, how long it's to last ect ...
    Not my place

I have thought in my head on occasion sh1t that was cheap for how much they bought & have been a little envious and thought geez wish I could afford to spend that much, but then again I have no idea about the circumstances
    Last edited by bunkx; 20-06-2013 at 17:52.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    They must have been awfully close to hear the amount - I don't think I've ever heard/noticed the amount of the person in front of me...unless they start opening up their piggy bank and start counting it out ten cent pieces!
    She sure was. I had to ask her to step back so I could use the EFT machine ... lol.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I usually shop online but didn't a few weeks ago so ended up with a huge shop (2 adults, 2 teens, 2 younger kids and a cat) and was on the receiving end of a similiar comment
    I tried to make a joke of it and said ".....well I've asked the kids to stop eating but as usual, they won't listen " which wasn't very funny but the best I could come up with at the time.

What is wrong with people

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (20-06-2013),VicPark  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that's really rude OP. I'm usually too busy making sure my groceries are sorted into specific piles to even bother noticing the customer infront of me.
    None of her business what your amount comes to.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (20-06-2013),mrsoptomistic  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I'm usually unpacking our stuff and talking to a child or generally chatting to others around us, saying hello and other small talk. Our bill is usually quite high, but we have a very picky cat and 2 dogs who go through one of those big bags of dry food between them in a fortnight along with raw food and bones and treats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How rude - the only time I would ever comment on someone's shopping, would be if I spied something super-yummy and asked them what aisle they found it in and rush off to get my own!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really rude. No I would never comment on other people's bills, but I imagine they might on mine as I shop less often too.