+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eating out of boredom

I'm a stay at home mum of 2 toddlers and 27 weeks pregnant. I feel as though I eat to kill time. And I'm constantly trying to distract myself with something else so that I don't binge. I am watching what I eat and recording it to be accountable for my calories.

What do you do to distract yourself? Posting on forums is one of mine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some days I eat heaps other days like today I sleep a lot of the day and only eat breakfast and dinner and nothing in between. Actually this is the third day in a row of sleeping most of the school day. Monday I had porridge for breakfast, then some rice crackers with vegemite and cheese slices, bought a roast chook and had chicken sandwiches with lettuce and tomato, then in the afternoon I had some biscuits, an apple and a mandarine. Depends how bad the morning sickness is, sometimes I can't even look at food, sometimes it comes and goes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Secret of Cleo For This Useful Post:

analioness  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Analioness

i know how you feel! Being a SAHM means there are lots of hours in the day to fill in!

I find that having porridge (made with low fat milk) with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast fills me up until lunch time. I've also been making a big pot of vegie soup to have for lunch with a piece of toast.

Usually it's in the afternoons when I eat out of boredom so I try and perhaps have a cup of tea or something, as dinner is usually pretty early ( 5:30 / 6 pm).

My real downfall is when my two girls are in bed for the night.... That's when I crave something sweet. Especially if I'm watching Masterchef or something, lol.

Good luck, don't be too hard on yourself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsten80 For This Useful Post:

analioness  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten80 View Post
    Hi Analioness

i know how you feel! Being a SAHM means there are lots of hours in the day to fill in!

I find that having porridge (made with low fat milk) with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey for breakfast fills me up until lunch time. I've also been making a big pot of vegie soup to have for lunch with a piece of toast.

Usually it's in the afternoons when I eat out of boredom so I try and perhaps have a cup of tea or something, as dinner is usually pretty early ( 5:30 / 6 pm).

My real downfall is when my two girls are in bed for the night.... That's when I crave something sweet. Especially if I'm watching Masterchef or something, lol.

Good luck, don't be too hard on yourself.
    I too eat quite healthy mains but its the snacking that gets me. Nights are the worst. I've started to have Ryvita rye crackers with abc spread and cheese and a glass of milk. That keeps me full. But my husband then walks in with a bag of chips ands its all down hill from there! I'm knuckling down these last 3 months...the aim is to only put on 3 kilos until birth!! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink water with a slice of lemon in it, i find most of the time i'm not hungry, im just misinterpreting when i'm thirsty

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JD Mumma For This Useful Post:

zooey  (23-06-2013)